Re: [MidTNGen] Davis siblings listed in Sarah Davis's obituary Bell Co. Texas 1933

  • Marie Beckman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
      Michelle

      I will send you the images in a separate email. I think you will be
      surprised how much you learn
      about your lines by tracking down and/or tracing the siblings of your
      direct lines. I know i have had
      alot of success this way. Some researchers try to zoom in on their direct
      lines but I think that without
      researching all of the siblings or at least making an effort to find out
      what became of them we wouldn't
      be seeing the "big picture".

      A couple of other things you might try doing. If you haven't already
      subscribe to the mailing lists that
      Rootsweb hosts for those counties in which these people lived and post
      mentioning that you are looking
      for descendants of Sarah and family and that you are aware of who all was
      living at the time of the 1930
      census(give a transcription of that census) That will enable anyone who is
      researching that line to see
      if there is a possible connection.

      Hope this helps
      --Marie Beckman

    • Marie Beckman
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        At 09:17 AM 7/31/2005, you wrote:

        >I've seen some 1930 census , and that's the path I was hoping to take try
        >to find the children of the Davis siblings cousins sorta speak and ask
        >questions that we couldn't answer. Our Davis line we were told was of
        >native descent
        >and its that ,that I mostly want to find out about to see if they have
        >heard the same stories that my grandmother told us.
        >would it be possibable to send me a census email on the names you sent or
        >at least the children listed .if not please don't wory about it
        >Thank you for all the help and the names
        >Michelle

        Michelle
        I meant to ask you if you know what part of TN your Davis family came
        from. I realize Davis
        is a fairly common name but there were some that married into my McElroy
        lines around
        Warren White & Van Buren Co. TN.

        --Marie B
      • michelle miller
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          they came to Franklin Co. in 1850 from SC
          Michelle
          Marie Beckman <rmbeck@...> wrote:
          At 09:17 AM 7/31/2005, you wrote:

          >I've seen some 1930 census , and that's the path I was hoping to take try
          >to find the children of the Davis siblings cousins sorta speak and ask
          >questions that we couldn't answer. Our Davis line we were told was of
          >native descent
          >and its that ,that I mostly want to find out about to see if they have
          >heard the same stories that my grandmother told us.
          >would it be possibable to send me a census email on the names you sent or
          >at least the children listed .if not please don't wory about it
          >Thank you for all the help and the names
          >Michelle

          Michelle
          I meant to ask you if you know what part of TN your Davis family came
          from. I realize Davis
          is a fairly common name but there were some that married into my McElroy
          lines around
          Warren White & Van Buren Co. TN.

          --Marie B

          Visit your group's TN Research Links
          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/USA/TN/

          ---------------------------------

          michelle davis miller

        • Michelle Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28 7:07 AM
            THank you again I did follow this advice and found several cousins
            and went on a road trip to Bell county to visit them I'm really glad
            that I did that because they each had memories of my G.G.Grandmother
            and other cousins but i still have a ways to go before I get all my
            answers
            MICHELLE

            --- In middletennesseegenresearch@yahoogroups.com, Marie Beckman