The Bruce/Cozart Family

  • clairebwhite
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2005
      Hi,
      I am told that I am of the Tennessee Bruce/Cozart Family. I am a little
      embarrassed that I know so little about my ancestry. My dad did some
      digging about 15 years ago and was able find few folks. Since I was a
      child at the time, I did not pay much attention. All that I know beyond
      my grandparents generation is that my great-grandfather was John (I
      think "C.") Bruce. Their grandparents, the Cozarts of Tennessee, raised
      him and his brother. Also my one of my cousins believes that our
      surname was not orginally "Bruce", it could have actually been "de
      Brusse".

      Cheers,
      Claire Bruce-White