Bibb -Jones

  • GatheringGrass
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
      Hello,
      I am a new member and I am researching William H Jones and Martha
      Anne Bibb from Tennessee. I am not sure of the county. These are my
      GGGrandparents. They had a daughter in Lawrence County, Missouri in
      1856. She was Martha Ann Jones.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Katrina
    • Marie Beckman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
        Hi Katrina
        Welcome to the group.

        I think this may be your Jones & Bibb in Hickman Co. TN in 1850
        as it seems fairly close to their 1860 census entry.

        1850 Hickman Co. TN pg. 4a 48/48
        William Jones 26 M Farmer Tenn
        Sarah A Jones 24 F Virginia
        Nancy Bibb 14 F Tenn

        1860 Lawrence Co. MO Mt. Pleasant Twp. Mt Pleasant P. O. pg. 774 479/449
        William Jones 38 M Farmer $1000 $300 TN
        Sarah A. Jones 34 F VA
        Nancy J. Jones 11 F TN
        Mary E. Jones 9 F TN
        Martha A. Jones 7 F Mo
        John R. Jones 4 M MO

        Hope this helps
        --MarieB
        Marie Beckman's Genealogy Homepage
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/

        At 03:20 PM 9/10/2004, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        >I am a new member and I am researching William H Jones and Martha
        >Anne Bibb from Tennessee. I am not sure of the county. These are my
        >GGGrandparents. They had a daughter in Lawrence County, Missouri in
        >1856. She was Martha Ann Jones.
        >Any help would be appreciated.
        >Katrina
      • GatheringGrass
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2004
          Marie, I am overwhelmed. I believe that you are correct and that is
          them. Thank you so much! I have been down a few dead ends and had
          about given up. I appreciate this information so much.
          Katrina