NEW member checking in.. Medlin and Holzapfel and Julian surnames

  • Charles E. Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
      I am a NEW member and NEW at genealogy. I am in need of the basics.
      Can anyone suggest a book and/or video with the basics for beginners?

      My grandmother is a Julian from Putnam County TENN b. about 1908
      My great-grandmother is a Medlin from Putnam County b about 1897.

      My grandfather is a Holzapfel from Goodlettsville TENN. b. about 1905
      his cousin is Everett Holzapfel, who ran a chain of mens clothing
      stores in Nashville area.

      Please contact me at cemab4y@...
    • Marie B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
        First of all welcome to the group. Rootsweb has a good basic guide
        that I think is helpful
        Rootsweb's Guide to tracing your Family tree
        http://rwguide.rootsweb.com/

        I have a small guide on my site that I wrote about southern research
        you can get to it from my main page
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/

        or direct at
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/marieresearch.html

        Best thing to remember in researching your family is work back from
        yourself to ancestors generation by generation proving (or disproving
        in some cases).

        --MarieB-)

        --- In middletennesseegenresearch@y..., "Charles E. Martin"