Re: Tennessee Lookups

  • Kimberly
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2002
      Could you do a look up for me for a marriage record?
      Robert Franklin Ivey and Mary Jane Housley marriage date 19 July
      1890 Campbell County TN.
      Thanks Kimberly

      - In middletennesseegenresearch@y..., Faye Parker <fairplay51@y...>
      wrote:
      > Am willing to help with lookups at the TN State Library and Archives
      >
      > Am Southern born and bred and darn proud of it Am researching
      maternally:ballard,briley,clubbs,george,gillihan,goolsby,jackson,link
      (9x),majors,pool/poole,summers,thompson

      paternally:ausbrooks,barber,:brown,freeland,gant,kirkham,mcquiston,moy
      e,parker,rippy,tipton,whitson

    • James <jrbla@msn.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2002
        Hello
        I have been researching my great grandfather for some time now...and
        would appreciate any help you could possibly give.

        The information I have is that his name was Thomas Bruce. In the
        1870 Arkansas census he was living in Izard County Arkansas but was
        born in Tenn. He was age 25 living with his wife Sarah age 24 also
        born in Tenn.

        I belive this Thomas is the son of John F. Bruce and Milly Smith. In
        the 1850 Tennessee census - Ruterford County this John F. Bruce and
        Milly Smith have a son named Thomas. Not sure if this is my Great
        Grandfather.

        Thomas' wife was Sarah Montgomery. Her parents where Lewis
        Montgomery and Nancy. I think Lewis and Nancy were living in Tenn
        during the 1850 census but have not found them. All there children
        were born in Tenn. In the 1860 Arkansas census Lewis and Nancy were
        in Izard county Arkansas with their children and it states that all
        their children were born in Tenn.

        I am trying to find a connection between Lewis Montgomery and John F.
        Bruce in Tenn.

        Hope this not too confusing.......Email me with any questions.....
        Thanks for any help
        James Richard Bruce
        jrbla@...
        New Orleans, Louisiana