Re: [MidTNGen] Digest Number 22

  • Penny Serrato
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2002
      As always you are awesome this has alot of great info for me
      Thanks Penny

    • Penny Serrato
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2002
        Marie,
        here is the connections based on what you sent:
        1920 Hopkins Co. TX
        Sulphur Springs ED# 60 Page 5BSheet 5B
        Lee Bridges Farm Rd.
        94/97 Rents home
        Edwin Norton head 37 TN TN TN Farmer My Grand father
        Emma S. Norton wife 27 Ark Ark TX My Grandmother
        Cecil A. Norton step-daug 7 TX TN Ark(her name isn't clear might be Aril A)
        This is a tricky one, my Grandmother was married to a T.C. Nordin in 1911,
        he died but they had my Aunt Cecil Annie. My Grandfather married Emma Sue In
        1913.
        Clarence A. Norton son 4 yr 3 mo. TX TN Ark My Uncle Jack
        Francis Norton daug 1 yr 7(or 4)mo. TX TN Ark My Aunt Francis
        James P. Norton son 1 month TX TN Ark My Dad

        1920 Hopkins Co. TX
        Sulphur Springs ED# 65 Page 87a Sheet 10A
        628 Mill(?)Ferry Avenue
        202/233 Owns home/ works in Manufact.
        Benjamin F. Nordin Head M W 65 Married TN NC AL I believe this is my Great
        Grand Father
        Martha Nordin Wife F W 68 Married TN TN TN My Great Grand Mother
        Gilan? Nordin Daug. F W 38 Single TN TN TN I am not sure about this one
        Maud Hood Daug. F W 28 Widowed TN TN TN This is my Aunt
        Flora Ethel Hood Grand Daug. F W 5 Single TX Ark. TN This is my cousin
        So this is where is stand so far the correct spelling should be Nordin but
        as I discovered when I went to Sulpher Springs this past Thursday (for my
        Birthday) was that the census taker had spelled our name as Norton.........
        Penny

      • Marie Beckman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2002
          Yes I've ran across alot of "alternative" spellings in many of my surnames.
          Then when you have someone trying to index the poor handwriting it can be
          pretty difficult to filter thru all of it and find your families

          Even my Hale surname has ALOT of
          different spellings....
          It's amazing. Then you throw in the fact
          that my at least two of my Hales were
          named William.....and well.....that makes it even harder.
          Still gotta keep searching though

          --MarieB-)
          At 10:57 AM 9/7/02 -0500, you wrote:

          >Marie,
          >This is a tricky one, my Grandmother was married to a T.C. Nordin in 1911,
          >he died but they had my Aunt Cecil Annie. My Grandfather married Emma Sue In
          >1913.
          >Grand Father
          >as I discovered when I went to Sulpher Springs this past Thursday (for my
          >Birthday) was that the census taker had spelled our name as Norton.........
        • Faye Parker
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2002
            My problem is Pool/Poole surnames. Not so much the extra e, but that they named 8 of my male relatives Andrew Jackson Pool or Poole.

            Am Southern born and bred and darn proud of it Am researching maternally:ballard,briley,clubbs,george,gillihan,goolsby,jackson,link(9x),majors,pool/poole,summers,thompson
            paternally:ausbrooks,barber,:brown,freeland,gant,kirkham,mcquiston,moye,parker,rippy,tipton,whitson

            Brenda Parker proud member of the IBSSG