Re: [Mid TN Gen Research] Re: Researching Summers

  • Faye Parker
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hey when checking robertson county also check sumner. The lines changed. White House is in both counties. Traveling from Nashville to Gallatin, you go through robertson twice then back to davidson then into Sumner

      Am Southern born and bred and darn proud of it Am researching maternally:ballard,briley,clubbs,george,gillihan,goolsby,jackson,link(9x),majors,pool/poole,summers,thompson
      paternally:ausbrooks,barber,:brown,freeland,gant,kirkham,mcquiston,moye,parker,rippy,tipton,whitson

      Brenda Parker proud member of the IBSSG

    • Marie Beckman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
        I agree on that. You should always check surrounding counties.

        Examples from my lines
        Family that lived in southeast part of Bedford Co. is also in some Coffee
        Co. Records
        Family that lived in northwest part of Bedford Co. is in Rutherford &
        Marshall Co. Records
        Family that lived in northwest part of Van Buren Co. TN is in White &
        Warren Co. Records

        Maybe my family just had a knack for living near the county line. :)
        --MarieB-)

        Marie's Genealogy Homepage at Rootsweb
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/index.html

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
            Another useful hint, given to me a long time ago. When checking census records, look at least 5 families before and after. They went to school together, neighbors, often intermarried, and even sometimes moved as a group.