Searching Rootsweb Mailing List Archives

  • marieclassof86
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      Hi
      I made a breakthru on my Hale line as I was
      looking thru the archives of the Warren Co.
      TN mailing list at Rootsweb and ran across
      a posting that pointed to a possible Overstreet
      connection....I'm looking into that further now.

      I wanted to make sure that all of you knew how to
      search the Rootsweb mailing list archives as there
      may be something you are missing out on too.

      There are two types of Archives...

      Threaded Archives(browse by Date)
      Searchable Archives(search by keywords)

      Threaded Archives are located at
      http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/listname
      (replace listname with actual Name of List which
      you wish to view)

      Searchable Archives are located at
      http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=listname
      (replace listname with actual Name of List which you wish to view)

      For a complete list of the over 24,000 genealogy
      Mailing lists at Rootsweb visit
      http://lists.rootsweb.com/

      There are a wide variety of lists covering
      Surnames, Localities and Topics.

      Most of the list Descriptions have links to both their
      threaded and searchable archives....and also include
      instructions on how to subscribe(subscription is free)
      should you choose that option.

      Also check out the many Surname, Topic and Locality
      Message Boards--I've had a good deal of luck connecting with
      others researching the same lines via both of these.

      Rootsweb's Message/Data Boards
      http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=main&r=rw

      GenForum's Message Boards
      http://genforum.genealogy.com/