Oct 29th at Middlefaire

  • RenShirts.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      From Paul:
      As a reminder, I wanted to let everyone know that on Saturday, Opening Weekend, we plan a Middlefaire Fright Night hybrid faire/scare event, and that the fairegrounds will be open until 10 P.M.

      A lot of people have asked if their shops/booths need to stay open during the evening. That's a personal choice; I'm flexible on it. Some people may not want to sell, others may; some may just want to "hang out." Some basics:

      * If you choose to stay open, please be in the spirit of things---wear a Halloween costume, have a couple of pounds of trick or treat candy onhand for wandering kids, understand that lighthearted weirdness of a chaotic nature will be taking place in the village surrounding you, and some of it may be improvised at the spur of the moment. Trick or treating will be advertised as part of the festivies.

      * It's unknown whether or not the burn ban will be lifted, but inside the village, due to fire hazard, we ask that you do not use Tiki-style torches or any open flame for lighting, nor candle or kerosene lanterns inside booths. Also, loose extension cords constitute a tripping hazard. We recommend using battery-operated devices for lighting.

      * Please refrain from excessive use of alcohol during the Fright Night event. The bar in the Jack Tar Tavern will be closing around the regular time, just before 7 P.M.

      * If you choose to close your shop, do not even CONSIDER driving your vehicle onto the grounds of the village for any reason before our 10 P.M. closing. You will need to break down/close up your booth carrying things by hand and foot. If you can't do this, I suggest asking a built booth vendor with a locking booth to help you stow your stock, using a wheelbarrow or pushcart, or making other plans beforehand.

      ***

      ALSO: A note to everyone at the faire: Do not "scare" visitors or friends by jumping out at them and/or touching them. Look scary if you want, but DO NOT TOUCH.

      ***

      We expect more children and families than usual this time. The Chamber of Commerce and the locals like the concept. Let's have fun with it. :)

      --

      Paul Delacroix
      mka K.G. Tuma