Vending Dilemma!

  • Katherine Barber
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
      Well.... I had my classes scheduled to have weekends free for faire,
      but I just found out about a class that has two open spots and the art
      director has convinced me to switch to that class (it's preferable to
      the type of degree I am looking into changing to). In taking the class
      I'll also save about 300 bucks (art supplies and books I don't have to
      buy!). All in all much preferable... so in short I now am not free for
      most of saturdays. :(

      So... anyway, I have a couple options...

      A.) Let my dad run the booth Saturdays and come out as soon as I can
      after classes. This is doable but will be a major hassle and possibly
      cost a ton in gas. I would have to come out Friday to help set up and
      then drive back home, go to class, and then drive back out to faire
      ... etc. Also my dad, while helpful, isn't the best sales person...
      lol.
      B.) Only vend Sundays ... this presents the problem of having to set
      up Saturday evening after faire closes. And I'll miss the saturday
      customers...

      or (preferable) C.)
      Find a nice vendor willing to sell my art in their booth. You would
      get a percentage of sales which we can negotiate (I'm flexible on this
      within reason! :P so if you have an idea of what you think is fair...
      let me know). Also, I'd be willing to come help out in your booth for
      Sunday and be there to sign prints for customers or whatever... and/or
      help you break down Sunday evening if you need the help. You will have
      to be a built booth vendor, because for one thing you need the room to
      display my stuff and also because of the weather, I don't know if I
      want to trust a tent vendor with my stuff since its easily damaged by
      water... sorry lol. If anyone's interested in this... please send me a
      private message! Thanks...

      Either way I'll vend... but just a heads up, that I may not be able to
      be there the whole weekend every weekend. :<

      Katherine Barber
      Pixie Korner (formally Moonpaw Studios) at faire.
      www.moonpaw.com