Info guidelines - Building a New Booth at Middlefaire

  • Paul Delacroix
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Here's some introductory info on how to build:

      First - Contact me and Frank Rippel from Renshirts, our vendor coordinator, via email to touch base with us on the project, and discuss where you wish to build the structure. My primary e-mail address for the faire is
      middlefaireinfo@.... Frank’s e-mail is renshirts@.... We will be happy to talk to you on the phone if possible, but e-mail should be our main communications medium with building projects.

      Second - You’ll need to send either a scanned JPEG, printer copy, or photocopy of your sketched design for the booth. Draw your pencil sketch on graph/gridded paper, 4 squares to the inch, in order to get the easiest informative breakdown of linear feet per inch. Autocads or Google Sketchups are acceptable if you will print them out on paper for us, but our preference is pencil sketches on gridded paper. We are only accepting plans for one-story booths at this time.

      Third - You will need to sign a Specialty Lease Booth Building contract with the faire prior to construction. Do not come out and start building things onsite without a design and a signed agreement on file.

      Fourth - Building season is after March 15th. You will have a five month building season in which to bring your booth to a 90% complete condition. We want a mostly finished village each September before the start of the Renaissance Festival. If your booth is juried to be half-finished after August 15th, your lease contract for the booth will be terminated, so you’ll need to avoid any procrastination on the project.

      We have some limited space available in the Pirate Quarter, which is undergoing upgrades in faire structure this year, and on Castle Street (the main drag of the current village). We plan major village expansions near the jousting field area in the next two years, and ample building space in that vicinity is currently available.

      Paul