To Build or Not to Build in June

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007

      Again Today Rain... all I see going through up there is Rain.  It must be the most rain you have seen in Years.  The grass seed you planted last year has it come up?

      Later...Frank
      www.Renshirts.com

    • David Wills
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
        Greets, all.

        Although we had seriously considered building a booth/building up at MiddleFaireGrounds, it looks pretty unlikely now.  Friday morning, Linda, my wife aged 47, suffered a major stroke in the right cerubellum area, and is in ICU at a local hospital.  She is paralyzed on her left side (google "right brain stroke" for details, if you want) and although she's making some progress already, we won't be back to normal for quite some time.  Would have been fun, but I have other priorities higher than the vendor booth right now.

        Hope all goes well with the rest of you, troupe.

        David

        Frank <renshirts@...> wrote:
        Again Today Rain... all I see going through up there is Rain.  It must be the most rain you have seen in Years.  The grass seed you planted last year has it come up?
        Later...Frank
        www.Renshirts. com

        Saepe veritas est dura.
        ---M. Demetrius

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      • Paul Delacroix
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
          Frank <renshirts@...> wrote:
          Again Today Rain... all I see going through up there is Rain.  It must
          be the most rain you have seen in Years.  The grass seed you planted
          last year has it come up?
          Later...Frank
          www.Renshirts.com

          Hi Frank,

          Yep, in truth, it’s the most rain I’ve seen in my lifetime. It has literally
          been raining every week for the past three months, ofttimes storming
          and flash flooding, and sometimes at least two thunderstorms per week!

          The site is fine, though—we have some stages that may need rebuilding,
          but the tavern and front gate are in excellent shape. Our site drains pretty
          well.

          But honestly, we can’t do anything out here ‘til it stops. I’m expecting it to
          continue about ten days more, then gradually dry out around June 15th. I
          doubt even this monsoon can compete with the hot Texas sun after the true
          start of summer. My bet is that July, August, and September will be hot and
          dry.

          So tentatively, I am planning to have a  small volunteer faire building
          workshop on the weekend of the 16-17.  Anyone interested in coming out,
          let me know via private e-mail. The cast people will also be holding their
          first auditions that weekend so maybe we can all have a wee get together,
          weather pending.

          On the grass: We have lots and lots and lots of rye grass hay, which is quite
          tall now (and keeping the site in the rough.) The good news is the ryegrass
          has almost completely choked out other field weeds. So once the bermuda
          spreads out, we should have good grass coverage year round. Hay farmers
          are going to be harvesting the site professionally for us, keeping it groomed.

          Hang in there, the weather will change. Hopefully just a slow start to what
          should still be a productive summer season expansion.

          Best wishes,

          Paul Delacroix
          mka K.G. Tuma
          CEO-President
          the Middlefaire Company, Inc.

          Got a little couch potato?
        • Frank
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007

            Thanks for the update...we are watching the weather and have all summer to do this.  We leave for LiliesWar (SCA event) on Jun 7th and will be gone until June 20th, so will miss the June 16/17 weekend.  I will have my cell phone if you need us.  We think we will be in the area on the way back so may contact you and check out the faire grounds with you.  We talked to everyone we could when we were at WarLord in Canton, TX.  We are also going to spread the word at Lilies War (SCA Event) in Kansas City, MO, June 8-17th.

            Later...Frank
            www.Renshirts.com

          • Paul Delacroix
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
              That's fine--until the weather has officially straightened out the village is off
              to a bit of a slow start. Cross your fingers...so far we have had two consecutive
              days of sunshine in a row! A good sign!...LOL.

              -Paul

              Frank <renshirts@...> wrote:
              Thanks for the update...we are watching the weather and have all summer to do this.  We leave for LiliesWar (SCA event) on Jun 7th and will be gone until June 20th, so will miss the June 16/17 weekend.  I will have my cell phone if you need us.  We think we will be in the area on the way back so may contact you and check out the faire grounds with you.  We talked to everyone we could when we were at WarLord in Canton, TX.  We are also going to spread the word at Lilies War (SCA Event) in Kansas City, MO, June 8-17th.
              Later...Frank
              www.Renshirts. com

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
                Talked to Ernest and looks like Renshirts will pour the floor this
                weekend ( June 9th)...wow we are on the way. I would like to see it
                between June 20 or 21st as we come back from LiliesWar (SCA event in
                KC,MO).
                Later...Frank