MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

  • Steve Sanders
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2008

      MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND MAY THE COMING YEAR BE THE BEST EVER FOR ALL OUR FRIENDS!

      The Pirate Christmas Party

      Fifteen men ‘round the Christmas tree,

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      All were pirates including me.
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      The party was loud and runnin’ wild,
      Celebratin’ the birth of the dear Christ child,
      But this were no place for the meek or mild!
      There was meat and drink for all to spare,
      The table was laden with Christmas fare

      And red and green rigging for all to wear!

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum.

      Fifteen men with presents for all,

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      Some were great and some were small.
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      The cap’n brought a brand new blade,

      The mate he brought some socks he made,

      The bosun brought silk of ruby shade.
      All went under the Christmas tree,
      Boxed or bagged so none could see,
      While the crew carried on the festivity!

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      Fifteen gifts for the pirates and tars,

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      Some in boxes and some in jars.
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      Cookie boiled some special sweets,
      Bucky broiled some smoky meats,
      Each gob they brought some special treats.
      And they were piled so shiny and bright,
      They looked just like the stars at night,
      Bound in paper and tied up tight
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum.

      Fifteen pirates all feastin’ and drinkin’,
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      Each manjack there was sittin’ and thinkin’

      Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum!

       “Which package should I choose to pick?”
      “Which of all will do the trick?”
      “Will Cookie’s gift there make me sick?”
      Then came the time to choose a gift,
      Under the tree we all did drift,
      To see which present each would lift.
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      The good captain chose the ruby silk,
      Ho, ho ho and a bottle of rum!
      The mate he got some coconut milk,
      Ho, ho ho and PUT IT IN THE RUM!
      The bosun got the captain’s blade,

      Cookie got the socks handmade,
      And Bucky got a ring of jade.

      I wound up with the boiled sweets

      And passed them out for all to eat

      That way I stayed upon my feet!

      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      Fifteen pirates loudly carols singing!
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

      Christmas bells are merrily ringing!
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!
      The crew is like a family this night,
      With food and drink we all delight,
      And presents that fit us all just right
      We welcome the Christ child to the Earth,
      With laughter and joy and peaceful mirth
      We sing His praises for all we’re worth!
      Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum!

                                          Stephen Sanders

                                          ©2008