ANYONE WITHIN 500 MILES OF WEATHERFORD, TEXAS!!!

  • Steve Sanders
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
      Anyone within 500 miles of Weatherford, Texas (about 20 miles west of Fort Worth) desperately needs to call Sarah Focht (call her Sarah) at 817-372-9241 and ask her about meeting her to see the "house full of pirate stuff."  THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE PLACE TO PICK UP ITEMS FOR DECORATING A RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL BOOTH!!!  I was there yesterday and spent as much as I had in the "pirate account" on replica flintlocks, daggers, maritime items (I picked up a working bo'sun's whistle), and decorative pieces galore.  What's still there is everything from an assegai to Wehrmacht prints from WWII.  The man that owned the house had an extremely varied taste and interests and was a real character.  I found the assegai in a secret room "behind ze bookcase" in the master bedroom and right next to it was a replica of an Imperial German Navy flag from WWI.  There were cutlasses (at least three that I saw and she wanted $30 a piece for them - and I figure that price will fall before it's all over) and a glass-top table made from a ship's wheel ($500 - the stuff ain't cheap; at least not yet!) and a lamp with a built-in table that featured miniature, removable belaying pins.  There was a cutaway of a man-o-war and mugs that were etched with every different type of ship there was during the GAOP with a descriptive paragraph about them on the other side.  It's worth it to go to the house just to stand in this guy's study that is decorated to look like the captain's quarters of a sailing ship, complete with bowed-out window and a view that stretches to the horizon (the house is built on a ridge.)  I personally want to go back and buy the set of candleholders that are decorated with hippocampi and a statue or two (all of which would GREAT in my booth!) but I need to get some more $$ first!  His book collection covered everything from the American Civil War to naval warfare in the 1700's to medieval japan to joke books going back to the 50's.  But the big draw is all of the nautical items - paintings of all sizes of ships in full sail, ship's lanterns, statues of ships, etc.  The guy also collected eagle items and there were at least a dozen eagle statues and as many paintings of eagles.  Finally, if you want to create a Greek revival garden, this is the place to buy the statuary for it.  You have GOT to see this place!  As I said, if you are interested in anything remotely connected to the items I've previously mentioned (did I mention the mermaids and faerie folk statues?) then it is worth your while to get there!  Tell Sarah that Blackbead sent you - who knows, I may get a statue as a commission!
    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
        --- In middlefairecraftvendors@yahoogroups.com, Steve Sanders
        <blackbeads_tc@...> wrote:

        > Anyone within 500 miles of Weatherford, Texas (about 20 miles west
        of Fort Worth) desperately needs to call Sarah Focht (call her Sarah)
        at 817-372-9241 and ask her about meeting her to see the "house full
        of pirate stuff." THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE PLACE TO PICK UP ITEMS FOR
        DECORATING A RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL BOOTH!!! I was there yesterday and
        spent as much as I had in the "pirate account" on replica flintlocks,
        daggers, maritime items (I picked up a working bo'sun's whistle), and
        decorative pieces galore. What's still there is everything from an
        assegai to Wehrmacht prints from WWII. The man that owned the house
        had an extremely varied taste and interests and was a real
        character. I found the assegai in a secret room "behind ze bookcase"
        in the master bedroom and right next to it was a replica of an
        Imperial German Navy flag from WWI. There were cutlasses (at least
        three that I saw and she wanted $30 a piece for them - and I figure
        that price will fall before it's all
        > over) and a glass-top table made from a ship's wheel ($500 - the
        stuff ain't cheap; at least not yet!) and a lamp with a built-in
        table that featured miniature, removable belaying pins. There was a
        cutaway of a man-o-war and mugs that were etched with every different
        type of ship there was during the GAOP with a descriptive paragraph
        about them on the other side. It's worth it to go to the house just
        to stand in this guy's study that is decorated to look like the
        captain's quarters of a sailing ship, complete with bowed-out window
        and a view that stretches to the horizon (the house is built on a
        ridge.) I personally want to go back and buy the set of
        candleholders that are decorated with hippocampi and a statue or two
        (all of which would GREAT in my booth!) but I need to get some more
        $$ first! His book collection covered everything from the American
        Civil War to naval warfare in the 1700's to medieval japan to joke
        books going back to the 50's. But the big draw is
        > all of the nautical items - paintings of all sizes of ships in
        full sail, ship's lanterns, statues of ships, etc. The guy also
        collected eagle items and there were at least a dozen eagle statues
        and as many paintings of eagles. Finally, if you want to create a
        Greek revival garden, this is the place to buy the statuary for it.
        You have GOT to see this place! As I said, if you are interested in
        anything remotely connected to the items I've previously mentioned
        (did I mention the mermaids and faerie folk statues?) then it is
        worth your while to get there! Tell Sarah that Blackbead sent you -
        who knows, I may get a statue as a commission!

        Steve-

        Would you mind if I copied this on some other groups that I am on?

        Diamond
      • Steve Sanders
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
          Diamond,

          Not at all!  The lady who is trying to sell the contents of the house would definitely appreciate it, I'm sure.  Just remind everyone to tell Sarah that "Blackbead" sent them!  There was a life-sized statue of a woman that I would love to put in the courtyard of Pirate's Alley and if enough people go and buy, maybe Sarah will make me a miracle deal!  Put it out as far as you wish, m'Lady!

          Blackbead

          <blackbeads_ tc@...> wrote:

          > Anyone within 500 miles of Weatherford, Texas (about 20 miles west
          of Fort Worth) desperately needs to call Sarah Focht (call her Sarah)
          at 817-372-9241 and ask her about meeting her to see the "house full
          of pirate stuff." THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE PLACE TO PICK UP ITEMS FOR
          DECORATING A RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL BOOTH!!! I was there yesterday and
          spent as much as I had in the "pirate account" on replica flintlocks,
          daggers, maritime items (I picked up a working bo'sun's whistle), and
          decorative pieces galore. What's still there is everything from an
          assegai to Wehrmacht prints from WWII. The man that owned the house
          had an extremely varied taste and interests and was a real
          character. I found the assegai in a secret room "behind ze bookcase"
          in the master bedroom and right next to it was a replica of an
          Imperial German Navy flag from WWI. There were cutlasses (at least
          three that I saw and she wanted $30 a piece for them - and I figure
          that price will fall before it's all
          > over) and a glass-top table made from a ship's wheel ($500 - the
          stuff ain't cheap; at least not yet!) and a lamp with a built-in
          table that featured miniature, removable belaying pins. There was a
          cutaway of a man-o-war and mugs that were etched with every different
          type of ship there was during the GAOP with a descriptive paragraph
          about them on the other side. It's worth it to go to the house just
          to stand in this guy's study that is decorated to look like the
          captain's quarters of a sailing ship, complete with bowed-out window
          and a view that stretches to the horizon (the house is built on a
          ridge.) I personally want to go back and buy the set of
          candleholders that are decorated with hippocampi and a statue or two
          (all of which would GREAT in my booth!) but I need to get some more
          $$ first! His book collection covered everything from the American
          Civil War to naval warfare in the 1700's to medieval japan to joke
          books going back to the 50's. But the big draw is
          > all of the nautical items - paintings of all sizes of ships in
          full sail, ship's lanterns, statues of ships, etc. The guy also
          collected eagle items and there were at least a dozen eagle statues
          and as many paintings of eagles. Finally, if you want to create a
          Greek revival garden, this is the place to buy the statuary for it.
          You have GOT to see this place! As I said, if you are interested in
          anything remotely connected to the items I've previously mentioned
          (did I mention the mermaids and faerie folk statues?) then it is
          worth your while to get there! Tell Sarah that Blackbead sent you -
          who knows, I may get a statue as a commission!

          Steve-

          Would you mind if I copied this on some other groups that I am on?

          Diamond

        • Katherine Barber
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
            OOohhh... neato... that's out near where I live.

            --

            The Fantasy Art of Katherine Barber
            The Fantasy Art of Katherine Barber

            "No cat out of its first fur was ever deceived by appearances, unlike human beings, who seems to enjoy it." - The Last Unicorn