TEXAS PIRATE FESTIVAL--it's a wrap!

  • Paul Delacroix
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2010

      Wonderful first weekend for the TEXAS PIRATE FESTIVAL! Thanks to all our piratical friends and to the influx of fine folk from Four Winds...the vibes from this event were extraordinarily happy, vendors appeared nice and busy, and the entertainment was superb!

      Those of you who missed out, we do plan a full-blown Pirate Themed Weekend at Middlefaire Renaissance Festival October 2-3rd!

      Paul

    • Robert Pabinquit
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2010
        Twas a most excellent event.  I truly had a blast. I especially enjoyed the , uh, gift his Majesty, King Valois acquired- the female pirate.

        Namaste
        Jean-Baptiste, Le Compte du Navarre  )0(
        It is not what fears you that has you so scared. Its what you fear!

        Wonderful first weekend for the TEXAS PIRATE FESTIVAL! Thanks to all our piratical friends and to the influx of fine folk from Four Winds...the vibes from this event were extraordinarily happy, vendors appeared nice and busy, and the entertainment was superb!

        Those of you who missed out, we do plan a full-blown Pirate Themed Weekend at Middlefaire Renaissance Festival October 2-3rd!

        Paul

      • Rainmaker_NNC
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2010
          Capt Bloody Dave of the Blue Moon Boucanniers here. Just wanted to say on behalf of me and the rest of the crew, "Thank You"! We had a blast (well, several if you include the cannon fire)! Good fun all around for everyone and truely a welcomed feeling. Thank You again! Oh and BTW. the Pirate wench the King "acquired", We always carry a spare!!!

          --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Robert Pabinquit <concertmasterp@...> wrote:

          > Twas a most excellent event.  I truly had a blast. I especially enjoyed the , uh, gift his Majesty, King Valois acquired- the female pirate.
          >
          > Namaste Jean-Baptiste, Le Compte du Navarre  )0(
          > It is not what fears you that has you so scared. Its what you fear!

        • Bethany Stretch
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2010
            the bellydancing pirate gypsies had a blast!

            Bethany Stretch
            Founder - Sultan's Dreams Dance Troupe
            Co-Founder Ancient Traditions Cultural Center
            www.ancient-traditions.org
            469-556-6204
            1101 N. Carrier, Suite C&D
            Grand Prairie, TX 75050

            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2010

              I came and shot photos on both days of the first Texas Pirate Festival and had a great time.  I didn't meet a single rude person, and got in fascinating conversations with several people.  And I enjoyed the food, merchantings, singing, playing, drumming, dancing, and the pirates and their cannons.  I admit I love going to huge Ren faires too.  But there was a feeling at this festival that we're a bunch of people who got together to see old friends and make new ones and have a good time; if we happen to make any money that's OK too.  My friend Binky the WonderSkull loved it.

              I plan to post some photos of the festival on my website within the next couple of weeks.  I ordinarily charge for my photography, but I'm giving Paul Delacroix permission to use any of my posted photos of the 2010 Texas Pirate Festival on the middlefest.com website.  I only ask that I be identified as the photographer, that the photos be identified by copyright, and I would like a link to either http://eldwin.loveshade.org or http://photos.loveshade.org.

              If some of you are wondering why I'm so anally-retentive about this, it's because I've published a number of my photos professionally, and if I don't cover my behind I wouldn't be able to do that.  I'm not in love with modern copyright laws, but they're there.

              Great success with the next faire!

              Eldwin Nightowl

              --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Paul Delacroix <middl.efaire@...> wrote:

              > Wonderful first weekend for the TEXAS PIRATE FESTIVAL! Thanks to all our piratical friends and to the influx of fine folk from Four Winds...the vibes from this event were extraordinarily happy, vendors appeared nice and busy, and the entertainment was superb!

              > Those of you who missed out, we do plan a full-blown Pirate Themed Weekend at Middlefaire Renaissance Festival October 2-3rd!
              >
              > Paul

            • Pam Webb
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2010
                Lady Silver Pearl would like to thank you sir on your very kind offer.

                The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
                ---Thomas Jefferson

                I came and shot photos on both days of the first Texas Pirate Festival and had a great time.  I didn't meet a single rude person, and got in fascinating conversations with several people.  And I enjoyed the food, merchantings, singing, playing, drumming, dancing, and the pirates and their cannons.  I admit I love going to huge Ren faires too.  But there was a feeling at this festival that we're a bunch of people who got together to see old friends and make new ones and have a good time; if we happen to make any money that's OK too.  My friend Binky the WonderSkull loved it.
                I plan to post some photos of the festival on my website within the next couple of weeks.  I ordinarily charge for my photography, but I'm giving Paul Delacroix permission to use any of my posted photos of the 2010 Texas Pirate Festival on the middlefest.com website.  I only ask that I be identified as the photographer, that the photos be identified by copyright, and I would like a link to either http://eldwin. loveshade. org or http://photos. loveshade. org.
                If some of you are wondering why I'm so anally-retentive about this, it's because I've published a number of my photos professionally, and if I don't cover my behind I wouldn't be able to do that.  I'm not in love with modern copyright laws, but they're there.
                Great success with the next faire!

                --- In middlefaire@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Delacroix <middl.efaire@ ...> wrote:

                > Wonderful first weekend for the TEXAS PIRATE FESTIVAL! Thanks to all our piratical friends and to the influx of fine folk from Four Winds...the vibes from this event were extraordinarily happy, vendors appeared nice and busy, and the entertainment was superb!

                > Those of you who missed out, we do plan a full-blown Pirate Themed Weekend at Middlefaire Renaissance Festival October 2-3rd!
                >
                > Paul

              • Tinkerbell
                Message 7 of 12 , May 4, 2010
                  Yes, we all had a blast! Several of us in the troupe camped out and had a wonderful time! Sorry to anyone around us if we bothered you with our jingling and giggling. ;) Everyone from Four Winds was so nice, as usual, and we really enjoyed having you guys there!

                  Blue Moon Buccaneers, we really enjoyed having you guys there, too! We are like a big faire family out at Middlefaire, and try to welcome everyone equally. I always feel like I'm going to see old friends and family every time I go to Middlefaire. (even when it's in between faires) That's a big reason that my husband and I decided to take a real interest in Middlefaire, because we love the people involved so much! (and Paul has some GREAT plans for the future!)

                  --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Bethany Stretch <bethanystretch@...> wrote:

                  > the bellydancing pirate gypsies had a blast!
                  >

                  > Bethany Stretch
                  > Founder - Sultan's Dreams Dance Troupe
                  > Co-Founder Ancient Traditions Cultural Center
                  > www.ancient-traditions.org
                  > 469-556-6204
                  > 1101 N. Carrier, Suite C&D
                  > Grand Prairie, TX 75050

                • Virginia Villarreal
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 4, 2010
                    We elves of elvenkeep also love middlefaire and Paul and all the people of middlefaire. Its nice to feel like a family out there. Middlefaire has potential we've seen it grow every year even better. And as I tell my elves, Middlefaire is what we make it. We have to stick by Paul and make his dream our dream. I personally want to say thank you to Paul because he had this dream of middlefaire and has included us in it. I tip my ears to you, sir, from the bottom of my elven heart, THANK YOU! !
                    Can't wait till the next one!

                    Virginia

                    P.S. We be up there sometime this month to put in doors for our booth. We got wet up there while we were sleeping because we are doorless. Lorri doesn't like getting wet and cold. I have to keep my elven queen happy because she is a grumpy little elf when she is cold, wet and coffeeless. Hahaha!
                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com <mailto:middlefaire%40yahoogroups.com> , Bethany Stretch <bethanystretch@...> wrote:

                    > the bellydancing pirate gypsies had a blast!
                    >

                    > Bethany Stretch
                    > Founder - Sultan's Dreams Dance Troupe
                    > Co-Founder Ancient Traditions Cultural Center
                    > www.ancient-traditions.org
                    > 469-556-6204
                    > 1101 N. Carrier, Suite C&D
                    > Grand Prairie, TX 75050

                  • Tinkerbell
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 5, 2010
                      LOL! I wondered how you guys faired with no doors on the second story. I had never paid attention during fair and thought you might put up curtains while you are staying there. We'll be bringing a camp stove next time, so you ladies are welcome to come get a cup of joe on Sunday morning. We'll have freshly ground Starbucks percolating... ;)(I don't know if we'll be staying Friday night) We all had the bottled Starbucks frappacinos this time.... cold coffee is better than no coffee!

                      --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Virginia Villarreal " <kierathedarkelf@...> wrote:

                      > We elves of elvenkeep also love middlefaire and Paul and all the people of middlefaire. Its nice to feel like a family out there. Middlefaire has potential we've seen it grow every year even better. And as I tell my elves, Middlefaire is what we make it. We have to stick by Paul and make his dream our dream. I personally want to say thank you to Paul because he had this dream of middlefaire and has included us in it. I tip my ears to you, sir, from the bottom of my elven heart, THANK YOU! !
                      > Can't wait till the next one!
                      >
                      > Virginia
                      >
                      > P.S. We be up there sometime this month to put in doors for our booth. We got wet up there while we were sleeping because we are doorless. Lorri doesn't like getting wet and cold. I have to keep my elven queen happy because she is a grumpy little elf when she is cold, wet and coffeeless. Hahaha!
                      > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    • Virginia Villarreal
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 5, 2010
                        Thats what lorri usually brings.  She says the same thing. Cold coffee is better than no coffee.  Thank you for the invite. I know she'll love freshly ground coffee in the morning.  I just bought a coffee pot to heat water and instant coffee packs for her.   She's grumpy in the morning with no coffee.  I'm happy with my diet coke in the morning.  This festival was the last straw for us with no doors up stairs. I never heard lorri so pissy because she got wet.  And me being the crafty  elf I am began building our doors yesterday.  So e will have doors for Middlefaire. If I do  say so myself,  they are looking very good and elvish.  Can't wait to go up there and put them up.

                        virginia

                        LOL! I wondered how you guys faired with no doors on the second story. I had never paid attention during fair and thought you might put up curtains while you are staying there. We'll be bringing a camp stove next time, so you ladies are welcome to come get a cup of joe on Sunday morning. We'll have freshly ground Starbucks percolating. .. ;)(I don't know if we'll be staying Friday night) We all had the bottled Starbucks frappacinos this time.... cold coffee is better than no coffee!

                        --- In middlefaire@ yahoogroups. com, "Virginia Villarreal " <kierathedarkelf@ ...> wrote:

                        > We elves of elvenkeep also love middlefaire and Paul and all the people of middlefaire. Its nice to feel like a family out there. Middlefaire has potential we've seen it grow every year even better. And as I tell my elves, Middlefaire is what we make it. We have to stick by Paul and make his dream our dream. I personally want to say thank you to Paul because he had this dream of middlefaire and has included us in it. I tip my ears to you, sir, from the bottom of my elven heart, THANK YOU! !
                        > Can't wait till the next one!
                        >
                        > Virginia
                        >
                        > P.S. We be up there sometime this month to put in doors for our booth. We got wet up there while we were sleeping because we are doorless. Lorri doesn't like getting wet and cold. I have to keep my elven queen happy because she is a grumpy little elf when she is cold, wet and coffeeless. Hahaha!
                        > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      • Paul Delacroix
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 5, 2010
                          Great! So you measured the door frames over the weekend?

                          Paul

                          Thats what lorri usually brings.  She says the same thing. Cold coffee is better than no coffee.  Thank you for the invite. I know she'll love freshly ground coffee in the morning.  I just bought a coffee pot to heat water and instant coffee packs for her.   She's grumpy in the morning with no coffee.  I'm happy with my diet coke in the morning.  This festival was the last straw for us with no doors up stairs. I never heard lorri so pissy because she got wet.  And me being the crafty  elf I am began building our doors yesterday.  So e will have doors for Middlefaire. If I do  say so myself,  they are looking very good and elvish.  Can't wait to go up there and put them up.

                          virginia

                          LOL! I wondered how you guys faired with no doors on the second story. I had never paid attention during fair and thought you might put up curtains while you are staying there. We'll be bringing a camp stove next time, so you ladies are welcome to come get a cup of joe on Sunday morning. We'll have freshly ground Starbucks percolating. .. ;)(I don't know if we'll be staying Friday night) We all had the bottled Starbucks frappacinos this time.... cold coffee is better than no coffee!

                          --- In middlefaire@ yahoogroups. com, "Virginia Villarreal " <kierathedarkelf@ ...> wrote:

                          > We elves of elvenkeep also love middlefaire and Paul and all the people of middlefaire. Its nice to feel like a family out there. Middlefaire has potential we've seen it grow every year even better. And as I tell my elves, Middlefaire is what we make it. We have to stick by Paul and make his dream our dream. I personally want to say thank you to Paul because he had this dream of middlefaire and has included us in it. I tip my ears to you, sir, from the bottom of my elven heart, THANK YOU! !
                          > Can't wait till the next one!
                          >
                          > Virginia
                          >
                          > P.S. We be up there sometime this month to put in doors for our booth. We got wet up there while we were sleeping because we are doorless. Lorri doesn't like getting wet and cold. I have to keep my elven queen happy because she is a grumpy little elf when she is cold, wet and coffeeless. Hahaha!
                          > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        • Virginia Villarreal
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 5, 2010
                            Yes we did measure the frames and caulked most of the floor up there.