Re: advertisement

  • Frank at RenShirts
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
      We also need to work on the Web site and get the art work for all the themed weekends. There should be prizes for best garb. RenShirts will be giving a Sleeveless Shirt for each winner each weekend. Do we have someone that will be running all of this?

      Later....Frank
    • Sandie bbw
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
        Hi Frank - I'm not sure about all that, but I promise to get with Paul ASAP and see what his plans are. That's all I can do. :)

        Sandie

        --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Frank at RenShirts" <renshirts@...> wrote:

        > We also need to work on the Web site and get the art work for all the themed weekends. There should be prizes for best garb. RenShirts will be giving a Sleeveless Shirt for each winner each weekend. Do we have someone that will be running all of this?
        >
        > Later....Frank

      • Katherine Barber
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
          Last year some of us did some advertising up at my college campus and we handed out flyers and stuff in costume. If anyone's interested in doing that again contact me. :)

          ~Kat

          On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Mark <logsdonescapes@...> wrote:

          Looks like it only 80 days till Middlefaire. I'm looking forward to coming out there, and enjoying one of the fastest growing faires around.

          So is there anything I or others can do to help with advertisement for the faire? I mean like writing the news papers, radio and television stations, put flyers on windows, I know 3 months sounds a little early to start but it takes time to get the word out.

        • Amy Martin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
            I've been a professional listserve manager AND events producer for over a decade. If you really want to get people there, don't focus on fliers: they get lost and don't get passed around much. Instead, create a GREAT email on the event and get it circulated. Then you'll reach thousands, not hundreds. NOT a flier that you email. Many folks won't open fliers from folks they don't know and people who turn off their HTML programming to avoid spammers won't see the flier at all.

            An email, just an email, with a few nice graphics in it. Include a complete schedule, cost, web site and contact info. Let people know if there is food or alcohol sold. Give them complete directions on how to get there. Include tips on how to make it a nice experience (ie: sunscreen, bug spray and folding chair). Mention that camping is allowed and give details. Ask everyone you know to pass it along to their personal lists AND listserves they belong to, not just once but every 2 weeks. Send me such an email notice  and I can pass it along to 3000+ people. But DON'T send me a flier, it'll just be ignored. Thanks!

            Earth Rhythms thanks you for your support of
            Summer SolstiCelebration  “We are all one under the Sun.”
            www.EarthRhythms.org ~ 214-261-5599
            take the survey: http://tinyurl.com/kr88js
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            If you're in the mood to buy a book, please consider buying through
            Moonlady Recommends, an Amazon store at Moonlady Media:
            http://www.moonlady.com/media/ml_recommends.html

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          • Sandra Harris
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
              Great Point Amy!

              --
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                Amy you are a Godsend! Thank you for that info and I will start working on that this weekend. Any other ideas would be very appreciated. You can email me at - thepurplegypsy@... - that goes for anyone else who wants to contact me. :)

                Sandie
              • Sandie bbw
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                  Thank you Kat. :)

                  Sandie

                  --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Katherine Barber <moonpawstudios@...> wrote:

                  > Last year some of us did some advertising up at my college campus and we
                  > handed out flyers and stuff in costume. If anyone's interested in doing that
                  > again contact me. :)
                  >
                  > ~Kat
                  >
                  > On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Mark <logsdonescapes@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Looks like it only 80 days till Middlefaire. I'm looking forward to coming
                  > > out there, and enjoying one of the fastest growing faires around.
                  > >
                  > > So is there anything I or others can do to help with advertisement for the
                  > > faire? I mean like writing the news papers, radio and television stations,
                  > > put flyers on windows, I know 3 months sounds a little early to start but it
                  > > takes time to get the word out.

                • Melodee Nikki
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                    We are going to create flyers to hand out in our business and we have permission to hang them in local business already.

                    I just need permission from Paul to use images from the Middle Faire website.  If that's not okay then I'll happily create my own.

                    It's never to early to start advertising. We've already started word of mouth. We've got people coming from Pittsburg, Tx already.

                    Looks like it only 80 days till Middlefaire. I'm looking forward to coming out there, and enjoying one of the fastest growing faires around.

                    So is there anything I or others can do to help with advertisement for the faire? I mean like writing the news papers, radio and television stations, put flyers on windows, I know 3 months sounds a little early to start but it takes time to get the word out.

                  • Morick Towain
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 2, 2009
                      I did see the new billboard on I-35 Southbound just south of Hillsboro. Looks very nice! :-)

                      I'm also starting to work on a press release that'll go to some of the local Dallas newspapers and have been doing word of mouth talking about the faire, especially since I've been searching for people to be on cast. (Havn't been too successful in getting anyone interested in being on cast, but will be posting to certain venues' message boards and doing some casting calls in Dallas to see if we can't get any new cast. That'll also give a little bit of advertisement as well.

                      Clayton Jackson
                      Assistant Cast Director

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 2, 2009
                        We elves in houston are advertising as well. We have friends. All over. I would love to download some flyers soon. We have a big fourth of july get together in flatonia this weekend and we could pass them out. I'm also plugging in to any pagans out there about CMA Samhain in sept. And any pagan women about CROWS. I am writing this on my phone so I can't go into details now but if you are interested in new spiritually kewl campouts, email me of list at kierathedarkelf@...

                        Paul is there any flyers yet.
                        We elves are here to help you if you need us too you know half of us live in houston and penny and judi budi live in cleburne so we are far yet near. Our penny has been sick with something in her lungs but she's a fiesty little elf. She. Is ready to hand out flyers for ya all over cleburne.

                        Virginia
                        Head elf, elf extrordinaire, elf pirate all round good elf(most of the time ;) and royal pain in the butt elf the rest

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T