This weekends SCA event at Middlefaire.

  • Sandie bbw
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
      What a wonderful time we had! What a wonderful group of people this SCA group was. Wayne and I met great people, made new friends and business contacts and sold products too. So it was good all around. The event itself was about 5 hours total on Saturday. However, these people came to play hard, and buy a lot! In those 5 hours we sold close to $200.00 dollars! That's about $40.00 an hour - which is damn good money. I'm very happy about what we sold and the fact that we could support Paul and Middlefaire at the same time. We fully intend to vend other SCA events and we hope to see again the people we partied with Saturday night. :)

      Anyway - it was great! I hope more of you can make it next time. :)

      Sandie
      The Purple Gypsy

      ** See you at the Fantasy Faire!!
    • Wayne Zitkus
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
        Ditto everything that Sandie said. It was a pleasure dealing with the SCA folks. And as people who have built a permanent booth, anything we can do to support Paul and Middlefaire benefits us as well.

        IMHO, anyone who chose not the vend this past weekend missed out on a golden opportunity.

        Wayne

        --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Sandie bbw" <sandiez60@...> wrote:

        > What a wonderful time we had! What a wonderful group of people this SCA group was. Wayne and I met great people, made new friends and business contacts and sold products too. So it was good all around. The event itself was about 5 hours total on Saturday. However, these people came to play hard, and buy a lot! In those 5 hours we sold close to $200.00 dollars! That's about $40.00 an hour - which is damn good money. I'm very happy about what we sold and the fact that we could support Paul and Middlefaire at the same time. We fully intend to vend other SCA events and we hope to see again the people we partied with Saturday night. :)
        >
        > Anyway - it was great! I hope more of you can make it next time. :)
        >
        > Sandie
        > The Purple Gypsy
        >
        > ** See you at the Fantasy Faire!!

      • Cat Z
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
          sorry to have missed it..some of us had to work at scarby openning weekend...  glad to hear you had a great time...

          On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Wayne Zitkus <wayne_zitkus@...> wrote:

          Ditto everything that Sandie said. It was a pleasure dealing with the SCA folks. And as people who have built a permanent booth, anything we can do to support Paul and Middlefaire benefits us as well.

          IMHO, anyone who chose not the vend this past weekend missed out on a golden opportunity.

          Wayne

          --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Sandie bbw" <sandiez60@...> wrote:

          > What a wonderful time we had! What a wonderful group of people this SCA group was. Wayne and I met great people, made new friends and business contacts and sold products too. So it was good all around. The event itself was about 5 hours total on Saturday. However, these people came to play hard, and buy a lot! In those 5 hours we sold close to $200.00 dollars! That's about $40.00 an hour - which is damn good money. I'm very happy about what we sold and the fact that we could support Paul and Middlefaire at the same time. We fully intend to vend other SCA events and we hope to see again the people we partied with Saturday night. :)
          >
          > Anyway - it was great! I hope more of you can make it next time. :)
          >
          > Sandie
          > The Purple Gypsy
          >
          > ** See you at the Fantasy Faire!!

        • Sandie bbw
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2009
            My intent was not to scold anyone but to relate the good time we had. :)

            Sandie

            --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Cat Z <cwitch@...> wrote:

            > sorry to have missed it..some of us had to work at scarby openning
            > weekend... glad to hear you had a great time...
            >
            > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Wayne Zitkus <wayne_zitkus@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Ditto everything that Sandie said. It was a pleasure dealing with the
            > > SCA folks. And as people who have built a permanent booth, anything we can
            > > do to support Paul and Middlefaire benefits us as well.
            > >
            > > IMHO, anyone who chose not the vend this past weekend missed out on a
            > > golden opportunity.
            > >
            > > Wayne
            > >
            > > --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com <middlefaire%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > "Sandie bbw" <sandiez60@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > What a wonderful time we had! What a wonderful group of people this SCA
            > > group was. Wayne and I met great people, made new friends and business
            > > contacts and sold products too. So it was good all around. The event itself
            > > was about 5 hours total on Saturday. However, these people came to play
            > > hard, and buy a lot! In those 5 hours we sold close to $200.00 dollars!
            > > That's about $40.00 an hour - which is damn good money. I'm very happy about
            > > what we sold and the fact that we could support Paul and Middlefaire at the
            > > same time. We fully intend to vend other SCA events and we hope to see again
            > > the people we partied with Saturday night. :)
            > > >
            > > > Anyway - it was great! I hope more of you can make it next time. :)
            > > >
            > > > Sandie
            > > > The Purple Gypsy
            > > >
            > > > ** See you at the Fantasy Faire!!

          • Cat Z
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
              no worries Sandie... we love Middlefaire and Paul.... and are sorry we had to miss any of his events... :(  and wouldn't want anyone to mistake our commitment to a prior obligation as not supporting Paul.....

              glad it was such a well received event and all had such a good time...

              On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Sandie bbw <sandiez60@...> wrote:

              My intent was not to scold anyone but to relate the good time we had. :)

              Sandie

              --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Cat Z <cwitch@...> wrote:

              > sorry to have missed it..some of us had to work at scarby openning
              > weekend... glad to hear you had a great time...
              >
              > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Wayne Zitkus <wayne_zitkus@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Ditto everything that Sandie said. It was a pleasure dealing with the
              > > SCA folks. And as people who have built a permanent booth, anything we can
              > > do to support Paul and Middlefaire benefits us as well.
              > >
              > > IMHO, anyone who chose not the vend this past weekend missed out on a
              > > golden opportunity.
              > >
              > > Wayne
              > >
              > > --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com <middlefaire%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > > "Sandie bbw" <sandiez60@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > What a wonderful time we had! What a wonderful group of people this SCA
              > > group was. Wayne and I met great people, made new friends and business
              > > contacts and sold products too. So it was good all around. The event itself
              > > was about 5 hours total on Saturday. However, these people came to play
              > > hard, and buy a lot! In those 5 hours we sold close to $200.00 dollars!
              > > That's about $40.00 an hour - which is damn good money. I'm very happy about
              > > what we sold and the fact that we could support Paul and Middlefaire at the
              > > same time. We fully intend to vend other SCA events and we hope to see again
              > > the people we partied with Saturday night. :)
              > > >
              > > > Anyway - it was great! I hope more of you can make it next time. :)
              > > >
              > > > Sandie
              > > > The Purple Gypsy
              > > >
              > > > ** See you at the Fantasy Faire!!

            • Paul Delacroix
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
                Well, these SCAdians were very pleasant folks.
                They're fun to interact with.

                I think it's possible we could have a sort of fruitful
                relationship with SCA here, in the off season, if
                nothing else. There would not be any squabbles
                over 'what is and isn't period' because our renfaire
                falls outside the SCA time brackets.

                Had a great time.

                Paul Delacroix
                mka K.G. Tuma