Insurance

  • Four Quarters
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3 10:41 AM

      These folks specialize in insurance for festival vendors/clowns.
      They are very reasonable.  It runs about $350/year.
      It covers your inventory, your help, and indemnifies the venue. They will issue certificates to any venue you need them for, as part of the price.

      I just wanted to share.

      Lola Overland
      Four Quarters

    • Melissa Jorgensen
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3 9:33 PM
        Wow! This is exciting stuff. Thanks for sharing!

        Diamond

      • Frank at RenShirts
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4 8:04 AM
          We might have to check them out. That is a good price - thanks
        • Sarah Patteson Adams
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 4 9:27 AM
            Be aware, the insurance only covers you or your help if you/they injure a festival patron, not if you or the help is injured.  You need workers comp (which they do not offer) to cover your workers in case of injury.

            We are insured with them and have had some issues with what they tell us on the phone not being accurate.  Check your paperwork for actual details of your policy.  In spite of the problems we have had with them, we will stay with them as many shows we work require insurance and they are the only company I have found that offers this to us festival vendors.

            ~ Sarah Adams

          • Jim
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 4 1:17 PM
              Want to thank you for this link, it will come in handy as it is hard
              to find insurance that is affordable.

              Captain Jack Daniels
              Black Pearl Leather & Finery
              Http://www.myspace.com/renningtogether

              --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, Four Quarters
              <info_fourquarters@...> wrote:

              > http://www.specialt yinsuranceagency .com/
              >
              > These folks specialize in insurance for festival vendors/clowns.
              > They are very reasonable.  It runs about $350/year.
              > It covers your inventory, your help, and indemnifies the venue. They
              will issue certificates to any venue you need them for, as part of the
              price.

              > I just wanted to share.
              >
              > Lola Overland
              > Four Quarters
              > http://welcome.to/fourquarters
              > info_fourquarters@...

            • Four Quarters
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 4 3:09 PM
                Thanks for that update... however, it is typical of insurance companies.
                My first year at TRF I paid $375 for 30 days of coverage, and that only indemnified the venue. I had to pay another $375 for then next 30 days.
                When I found this place for $350/year I was estatic!
                Heaven forbid that I ever have to use the insurance, and the only reason I have it is because it's a requirement of so many festivals, but it sure is cost effective for me, and I'll stay with them no matter what they cover.

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 4 9:50 PM
                  Insurance is very important! I do stage shows but even someone triping
                  getting on the stage or doing something stupid on stage 'that I have
                  no control over' and there goes my livelihood. So I maintain a Two-
                  million insurance policy. If you look around you can find them very
                  cheap.

                  Sir Mark