Huzzah!

  • sc_elkins
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
      As a so called "ren-enthusiast" and long time visitor to Scarborough
      Faire (since '86), I'm very thrilled to see another Faire in a cooler
      month popping up relatively close to where I live (Fort Worth area).
      The only reason my wife and I have never visited TRF (waits for all to
      stop gasping) is simply the fact that it's so far away. We're pretty
      busy people, so it's hard for us to get away. Thus I have always
      longed for another faire in the general North Central Texas vicinity
      to get my faire 'fix'. ;) Middlefaire certainly looks promising. My
      wife and I are planning on being there for for it's inaugral run.
      I'm fairly familiar with what the countryside around Hillsboro, TX
      looks like so my guess is that the site is going to be beautiful
      (especially in October).

      (Raises his mug) Here is to success in the first year and for many,
      many years thereafter.
    • Rick Wilson

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
          Thanks for the kind words!

          We chose the time of mid-October purely based on weather, so I hope this is an enjoyable faire for you and other Texas visitors.

          -Paul Delacroix
          the Middlefaire Company, Inc.

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
              Hey, I'm just the opposite, I live in Houston and have
              never been to Scarby.... gotta get up there one of
              these days.... buy like you, we are really busy.

              I hope to get to Middlefaire myself, provided TRF
              doesn't miraculously call me to vend there... *crosses
              fingers*

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:

                Hey, my maiden name was Elkins. Have we talked?

                Karen

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • sc_elkins
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                  As a matter of fact, we have. :) (I remember your screen 'handle')
                  And we determined that we aren't related. I kinda disappeared off of
                  the groups for awhile.

                  --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Karen aka. Nerak"
                  <neraksnikl@...> wrote:

                  > --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Hey, my maiden name was Elkins. Have we talked?
                  >
                  > Karen

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Paul Delacroix
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                    Allow me to give Scarby a free plug: It's worth the trip. Scarborough Faire is one of the best-looking faires around, visually very nice, with tall oak trees. It's much smaller than TRF (of course--who isn't?), but well-built and well-landscaped. The food vendors are excellent. I've never been to Bristol, but people I have read on the Web have compared Bristol to Scarborough visually.

                    -Paul

                    --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:

                    > As a so called "ren-enthusiast" and long time
                    > visitor to Scarborough
                    > Faire (since '86), I'm very thrilled to see another
                    > Faire in a cooler
                    > month popping up relatively close to where I live
                    > (Fort Worth area).
                    > The only reason my wife and I have never visited TRF
                    > (waits for all to
                    > stop gasping) is simply the fact that it's so far
                    > away.  We're pretty
                    > busy people, so it's hard for us to get away.  Thus
                    > I have always
                    > longed for another faire in the general North
                    > Central Texas vicinity
                    > to get my faire 'fix'. ;)  Middlefaire certainly
                    > looks promising.  My
                    > wife and I are planning on being there for for it's
                    > inaugral run.
                    > I'm fairly familiar with what the countryside around
                    > Hillsboro, TX
                    > looks like so my guess is that the site is going to
                    > be beautiful
                    > (especially in October).
                    >
                    > (Raises his mug)  Here is to success in the first
                    > year and for many,
                    > many years thereafter.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                        As a relative newcomer to Tx...let me also give Scarby a plug...we went on Memorial Day last year, for the first time, and it very much reminded me of the "old" days at Southern California...back when it was in Agoura and not as commercial as it has become. Big oak trees...lots of ambience and  great people.

                        --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:

                        > As a so called "ren-enthusiast" and long time
                        > visitor to Scarborough
                        > Faire (since '86), I'm very thrilled to see another
                        > Faire in a cooler
                        > month popping up relatively close to where I live
                        > (Fort Worth area).
                        > The only reason my wife and I have never visited TRF
                        > (waits for all to
                        > stop gasping) is simply the fact that it's so far
                        > away.  We're pretty
                        > busy people, so it's hard for us to get away.  Thus
                        > I have always
                        > longed for another faire in the general North
                        > Central Texas vicinity
                        > to get my faire 'fix'. ;)  Middlefaire certainly
                        > looks promising.  My
                        > wife and I are planning on being there for for it's
                        > inaugral run.
                        > I'm fairly familiar with what the countryside around
                        > Hillsboro, TX
                        > looks like so my guess is that the site is going to
                        > be beautiful
                        > (especially in October).
                        >
                        > (Raises his mug)  Here is to success in the first
                        > year and for many,
                        > many years thereafter.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                      • Karen aka. Nerak
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                          ok, I thought so, but figired I'd ask anyway...see ya
                          at Scarby. oh..were you there yesterday for the open
                          house/appreciation dinner, by any chance??

                          Karen

                          --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:

                          > As a matter of fact, we have. :) (I remember your
                          > screen 'handle')
                          > And we determined that we aren't related. I kinda
                          > disappeared off of
                          > the groups for awhile.
                          >

                          > --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Karen aka.
                          > Nerak"
                          > <neraksnikl@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hey, my maiden name was Elkins. Have we talked?
                          > >
                          > > Karen

                          > protection around
                          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Karen aka. Nerak
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                            What PERIOD???If I said menstrual, would you shoot
                            me??? ROFL...how about Jurassic??
                            ok, crawling back into my little corner of the
                            cave....
                            Say good night, Gracie...
                            Karen

                            <little_dragon_0861@...> wrote:

                            > That is the big question!!! I received the merchants
                            > application thank you...and you said "period"
                            > garb...but what period? California is Elizabeth I
                            > ...scarby is Henry VIII...Excal is King Arthur...so
                            > i hope you see my dilemma.
                            >
                            > Einin
                            >
                            > Paul Delacroix <middlefaire@...> wrote:
                            > TRF is a great faire...I hope everyone who
                            > visits us partakes in both. We'll be very different
                            > than TRF in style and character, however. Completely
                            > different approach.
                            >
                            > Thanks again for the kind words. --Paul
                            >
                            > Rick Wilson <rickwilsonsd@...> wrote:
                            > I share your excitement for Middlefaire and will
                            > see your "huzzah!" Paul and friends will put
                            > together a great event and I can't wait to attend.
                            > Although I'll still make the trek to TRF on another
                            > weekend, I am excited about this new Faire! Best of
                            > luck and wishes to Middlefaire!
                            >
                            > sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote: As a so
                            > called "ren-enthusiast" and long time visitor to
                            > Scarborough
                            > Faire (since '86), I'm very thrilled to see another
                            > Faire in a cooler
                            > month popping up relatively close to where I live
                            > (Fort Worth area).
                            > The only reason my wife and I have never visited TRF
                            > (waits for all to
                            > stop gasping) is simply the fact that it's so far
                            > away. We're pretty
                            > busy people, so it's hard for us to get away. Thus
                            > I have always
                            > longed for another faire in the general North
                            > Central Texas vicinity
                            > to get my faire 'fix'. ;) Middlefaire certainly
                            > looks promising. My
                            > wife and I are planning on being there for for it's
                            > inaugral run.
                            > I'm fairly familiar with what the countryside around
                            > Hillsboro, TX
                            > looks like so my guess is that the site is going to
                            > be beautiful
                            > (especially in October).
                            >
                            > (Raises his mug) Here is to success in the first
                            > year and for many,
                            > many years thereafter.
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            > New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular
                            > phones from your PC for low, low rates.
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make
                            > PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

                            > Theme park Entertainment new york
                            > Orlando theme park Universal studios theme park
                            > Hillsboro texas Amusement

                            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Paul Delacroix

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 3, 2006
                                remind me to beat you when i see u at scarby luv:)
                                ya gottaa remember...the renaissance can cover several hundred years

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 4, 2006
                                    No, I sure wasn't. We haven't sprung for the FoF passes yet. As busy
                                    as my wife and I are right now (in general), I consider myself
                                    extremely lucky to make it out to the faire twice in a season.
                                    Wouldn't be a good investment (for us personally, that is).

                                    Hey, I just noticed/realized what your screen handle really is.
                                    Clever. :)

                                    <neraksnikl@...> wrote:

                                    > ok, I thought so, but figired I'd ask anyway...see ya
                                    > at Scarby. oh..were you there yesterday for the open
                                    > house/appreciation dinner, by any chance??
                                    >
                                    > Karen
                                    >
                                    > --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > As a matter of fact, we have. :) (I remember your
                                    > > screen 'handle')
                                    > > And we determined that we aren't related. I kinda
                                    > > disappeared off of
                                    > > the groups for awhile.
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "Karen aka.
                                    > > Nerak"
                                    > > <neraksnikl@> wrote:
                                    > > >

                                    > > > --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Hey, my maiden name was Elkins. Have we talked?
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Karen

                                    > > protection around
                                    > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • Grant Robertson
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 4, 2006
                                      not to mention all of the Scotts!!!! We have Scotts in all shapes and sizes and I think that I speak for just about everyone of us we love Scarborough Faire!!!!!

                                      Laird Sir William Donnachaidh
                                      Earl of Stirlin
                                      Knight of the Order of the Thistle
                                      Pvt. Queen's Own Highlanders

                                      aka
                                      Grant

                                      --- sc_elkins <sc_elkins@...> wrote:

                                      > As a so called "ren-enthusiast" and long time
                                      > visitor to Scarborough
                                      > Faire (since '86), I'm very thrilled to see another
                                      > Faire in a cooler
                                      > month popping up relatively close to where I live
                                      > (Fort Worth area).
                                      > The only reason my wife and I have never visited TRF
                                      > (waits for all to
                                      > stop gasping) is simply the fact that it's so far
                                      > away.  We're pretty
                                      > busy people, so it's hard for us to get away.  Thus
                                      > I have always
                                      > longed for another faire in the general North
                                      > Central Texas vicinity
                                      > to get my faire 'fix'. ;)  Middlefaire certainly
                                      > looks promising.  My
                                      > wife and I are planning on being there for for it's
                                      > inaugral run.
                                      > I'm fairly familiar with what the countryside around
                                      > Hillsboro, TX
                                      > looks like so my guess is that the site is going to
                                      > be beautiful
                                      > (especially in October).
                                      >
                                      > (Raises his mug)  Here is to success in the first
                                      > year and for many,
                                      > many years thereafter.

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    • Four Quarters
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 5, 2006
                                        One of these years I'll make it to Scarby.
                                        I'm just so tired after doing the Excal festival, and
                                        then of course there's another event I will be doing
                                        weekend after this one.
                                        By that time, I've been on the road for 8 weeks and
                                        I'm beat!

                                        If we can fit a free weekend in we will try to attend
                                        Scarby this year. I really would like to see how it
                                        differs from TRF.

                                        Peace,
                                        Lola

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Karen aka. Nerak
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 9, 2006
                                          Yeah, my mom gave all us 4 girls the same initials,
                                          (KJE) so when my younger sister and I wanted to
                                          identify something as ours, I'd put Nerak on it and
                                          her's would say "Lorak". We always liked the last
                                          name, too" Snikle, so when I finally got a computer in
                                          1995, my screen name had to be something no one would
                                          duplicate. It was a no brainer for me..LOL
                                          Way back then we had a 10 letter limit, so I had to
                                          drop the "E", but it's still pronounced the same.

                                          Karen

                                          http://mail.yahoo.com