A "Faire Family" Loss

  • Melissa (Mel)
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
      I found out about this yesterday afternoon. Here is what is posted
      on SF Friends, DARF and a few others. Bob was a part of the Scottish
      regiment. Everyone knew him for his snow white hair. His wife was
      almost always at Queen Margaret's side.

    • Tracy
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
        So sad to hear this news...
        If someone can post a pic of Bob (so that I'm sure), it's possible I may have a few photo's.
         ~Tracy

        href="http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/184155.html">http://www.star- telegram. com/629/story/ 184155.html

> [...]
        >
        > At this time, no arrangements have been
        made for a
        > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you

        posted when further information is available.

        Request:

        > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking
        and
        > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
        > us
        wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
        > selfless actions. But
        his camera was always pointed
        > outwards.
        >
        > PLEASE:

        If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
        > Bob), gather them
        up. Make copies/scan
        > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the
        memorial
        > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that

        Catherine will want every memory of their love on
        recovery.

        > ************ -******** *-**
        >
        > We
        will pass on any further information as we
        > receive it.

      • Annamae MacGregor
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
          Pictures of both are being posted... I have created an open album so anyone who has more is welcome to add them to that album....

          Annamae

        • Sandra Harris
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
            I'm crushed, even though I didn't ever meet him face to face.  I've posted my one pic of him from Scarby this year.

            Prayers and blessings to the injured.

            Sandra Harris
            Vendor Liaison - PyrateCon 2008
            Right Reverend Madam One Eye
            VP Brotherhood of the Gulf and
            Press Gang Officer, ooo I mean Recruiter
            Master At Arms Crewe of the Black Pearl

            ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

> [...]

            > continue to ask that question for some time.
            >
            > At this time, no arrangements have been made for a
            > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you
            > posted when further information is available.
            >
            > A Request:
            >
            > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking and
            > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
            > us wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
            > selfless actions. But his camera was always pointed
            > outwards.
            >
            > PLEASE:
            > If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
            > Bob), gather them up. Make copies/scan
            > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the memorial
            > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that
            > Catherine will want every memory of their love on
            > her rocky road to recovery.
            >
            > ************ -******** *-**
            >
            > We will pass on any further information as we

          • Annamae MacGregor
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
              She has been moved out of ICU   She is on the second floor in room 212.

            • Neraksnikl@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                Ok, I've gone through all my photos and I posted 4. I can almost swear that I was told that Catherine was who was in the baby's stroller in the first 2 pics and that she's on the left hand side of the page with Queen Margaret.
                . If, by chance, I misidentified any of the 4 pics, PLEASE let me know and I'll remove them ASAP!

                I have a pic from 2004 that I'm not sure about. I can send it to someone to identify, if they'll contact me.

                Healing thoughts go out to her!!

                "Lady" Karen
> [...]

                > continue to ask that question for some time.
                >
                > At this time, no arrangements have been made for a
                > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you
                > posted when further information is available.
                >
                > A Request:
                >
                > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking and
                > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
                > us wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
                > selfless actions. But his camera was always pointed
                > outwards.
                >
                > PLEASE:
                > If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
                > Bob), gather them up. Make copies/scan
                > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the memorial
                > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that
                > Catherine will want every memory of their love on
                > her rocky road to recovery.
                >
                > ************ -******** *-**
                >
                > We will pass on any further information as we

              • Moon Dawg
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                • Jessica Longshore
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                    Waes thu hal!

                    Again, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of yet another friend. It has been a rough year for you all. If anyone decides to start a medical expense fund, or anything of the sort, please post. Between Bob's funeral expenses and her medical bills, an expense fund for such may be in order. Maybe a fundraising event at Middlefaire? Concessions?

                    Please, pipe up and speak what needs done.

                    Jessica

                    To: middlefaire@yahoogroups.com
                    From: moon.dawg@...
                    Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:05:52 -0500
                    Subject: Re: [middlefaire] A "Faire Family" Loss

                    Don't get caught with egg on your face.    Play Chicktionary!
                  • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                      Go to the right hand side of this page and click on NEW PHOTOS, and it'll take you right to them.

                      Karen

> [...]

                      > continue to ask that question for some time.
                      >
                      > At this time, no arrangements have been made for a
                      > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you
                      > posted when further information is available.
                      >
                      > A Request:
                      >
                      > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking and
                      > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
                      > us wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
                      > selfless actions. But his camera was always pointed
                      > outwards.
                      >
                      > PLEASE:
                      > If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
                      > Bob), gather them up. Make copies/scan
                      > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the memorial
                      > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that
                      > Catherine will want every memory of their love on
                      > her rocky road to recovery.
                      >
                      > ************ -******** *-**
                      >
                      > We will pass on any further information as we

                    • Deborah at Charlotte's Web
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Can you post the link please.

                        Deborah

                      • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                          Moon Dawg, please pick up the white courtesy phone and Email me privately, :o)...

                          Thanks,

                          Karen

                            On 8/1/07, Tracy <tracyz2@...> wrote:
> [...]

                            > continue to ask that question for some time.
                            >
                            > At this time, no arrangements have been made for a
                            > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you
                            > posted when further information is available.
                            >
                            > A Request:
                            >
                            > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking and
                            > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
                            > us wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
                            > selfless actions. But his camera was always pointed
                            > outwards.
                            >
                            > PLEASE:
                            > If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
                            > Bob), gather them up. Make copies/scan
                            > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the memorial
                            > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that
                            > Catherine will want every memory of their love on
                            > her rocky road to recovery.
                            >
                            > ************-*********-**
                            >
                            > We will pass on any further information as we

                            AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com .

                          • Moon Dawg
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                            • Annamae Nedrow
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                                Actually I'm pretty sure that those photos in the stroller are not
                                her. her hats were always smaller and she is a thinner lady. Check
                                those pictures that have been posted as I have verification that they
                                are her from a former cast member.

                                Annamae

                              • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                                  Well..I need to send it to an Email addy, not to the group. Your addy is hidden..LOL

                                  Thanks anyway,

                                  Karen

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                                    Naturally, I did check the pictures of her before I posted mine..LOL
                                    I looked at things like hair/skin color..shape of face, etc...so I'll wait just a bit for concrete confirmation before I pull them.

                                    Thanks anyway,

                                    Lady Karen

                                    Actually I'm pretty sure that those photos in the stroller are not
                                    her. her hats were always smaller and she is a thinner lady. Check
                                    those pictures that have been posted as I have verification that they
                                    are her from a former cast member.

                                    Annamae

                                    --- In middlefaire@ yahoogroups. com, Neraksnikl@. .. wrote:

                                    > Ok, I've gone through all my photos and I posted 4. I can almost
                                    swear that I was told that Catherine was who was in the baby's
                                    stroller in the first 2 pics and that she's on the left hand side of
                                    the page with Queen Margaret.
                                    > . If, by chance, I misidentified any of the 4 pics, PLEASE let me
                                    know and I'll remove them ASAP!

                                    > I have a pic from 2004 that I'm not sure about. I can send it to
                                    someone to identify, if they'll contact me.

                                    > Healing thoughts go out to her!!
                                    >
                                    > "Lady" Karen

                                  • Deborah at Charlotte's Web
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 2, 2007
                                      Well that was just silly of me.  I was figuring you had a personal site that you posted on.

                                      Deborah

> [...]

                                      > continue to ask that question for some time.
                                      >
                                      > At this time, no arrangements have been made for a
                                      > memorial/funeral service for Bob. We will keep you
                                      > posted when further information is available.
                                      >
                                      > A Request:
                                      >
                                      > We all know how Bob loved his camera. Taking and
                                      > sharing photos was a passion with him, and many of
                                      > us wouldn't have any photos of ourselves without his
                                      > selfless actions. But his camera was always pointed
                                      > outwards.
                                      >
                                      > PLEASE:
                                      > If you have any photos of Bob (and/or Catherine and
                                      > Bob), gather them up. Make copies/scan
                                      > them/whatever, and hold onto them until the memorial
                                      > service(s) is(are) announced. I'm certain that
                                      > Catherine will want every memory of their love on
                                      > her rocky road to recovery.

                                      > We will pass on any further information as we

                                    • Dana
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Aug 3, 2007

                                        This has been a very sad year for our ren family.  Kim and I have spent untold hours combing our archives for memorial shots of our departed friends.   We have finally decided to post a collection of those we knew (and shot) on the web.  Hopefully, this will make it easier for some that may not have known them by name, but only by face.

                                        http://www.rensites.com/Stalkwell/inmemoriam/

                                        http://www.rensites.com/FaerieBox/inmemoriam/

                                        These are photos we have taken, and by no means are there as many shots as any of them deserve.  They are random shots taken of them at faire in happier times.

                                        Bob is among the folios, as are others you will doubtlessly recognize.  Under normal circumstances I would say 'enjoy them', but that is not what this is about.  We hope these can be useful to those who knew them.  As we come across more presentable shots, they will be added to the folio(s).

                                        Dana and Kim (a.k.a. Stalkwell and FaerieBox)