Re: [middlefaire] Greetings!

  • David Wills
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1 4:19 AM
      No, down here, we would all like, die, if something like that happened, any time of year.
      We don't do that.  Brrrr.

      John Pieper <wolfspiritjhp@...> wrote:
      I meant the kind the you pile up into a drift about shoulder high.  Our last one like that this year was in May.

      David Wills <dwills777@yahoo. com> wrote:
      No, that's pretty normal for around here...what' s weird is snow in April!

      "John H. Pieper, OblSB" <wolfspiritjhp@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Texas in October! It will be weird not having snow!

      Saepe veritas est dura.
      ---M. Demetrius

      Peace and blessings to you and yours,

      John H. Pieper, OblSB
      Catholic Worker
      651-330-4849
      http://www.myspace. com/johnpieper
      wolfspiritjhp@ yahoo.com
      jpieper@peoplepc. com

      Artist, Interact Center for the

      in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      Saepe veritas est dura.
      ---M. Demetrius

    • Peter Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1 7:26 AM
        Speak for yourself!

        I would love to see some real snow!

        [Warning: The rest of this rant is mostly tongue-in-cheek.]
        Texans claim to be tough and rough and tumble and Billy-Bad-Ass.  Cowboys and barbed wire and longhorns and spicy foods.  Yankees are all pampered brats with soft hands and no endurance and silly ways and funny food.

        The truth is, I'm a yankee...and you Texans are sissies.

        That's right.  Sissies.  I eat habaneros like M&M's, while most of you shy from the heat of a jalapeno.  When there's any moisture in the air you forget how to drive--half of you forget where the brake is and the other half can't find the gas.  You aren't so rough and tumble.  Ever seen me fall out in the middle of the Death March?  Try wearing my rock-magnet shoes for an entire day of Faire and tell me how tough you are.  Texans put on a coat if the temperature drops below 80.  I don't even adopt long sleeves until it's below 50.  Snow is nothing!  Muscle up and show us some of that toughness "y'all" keep bragging about.

        ; )

        Love from Texas,
        Peter.....