  • middlefaire
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17, 2006
      FAQ I:

      Q: Where is Hillsboro, Texas?

      A: Hillsboro is 65 miles south-southwest of Dallas.

      Hillsboro, Texas is a historical county seat, located along
      Interstate 35 at the hub of the merge between 35E--which flows from
      Dallas—and 35W, which flows from Ft. Worth. The rich demographics of
      this large freeway interchange enable the rural town of roughly 8000
      residents to support over thirty restaurants and an outlet mall.

      =============================

      Q: Will there be camping available?

      A: Sorry, not this season. We have ample land that can be set aside
      for this purpose at a future date; however, the first year, we will
      not have camping. We recommend that participants and guests make
      use of the excellent and spacious motels available in Hillsboro
      along IH-35.

      For RV campers, there is a KOA Campground located 15 miles south of
      Hillsboro on the Interstate, near the town of West.

      =============================

      Q: How much are Vendor Fees?

      A: Vendor Fees for a 12' x 12' space will be only $25 our opening
      weekend. A larger space, 16 x 20 feet, will be $40 per weekend.

      These are for patches of pasture grass out on the lanes, with no
      added amenities.

      =============================

      Q: When will cast auditions be held?

      A: There will be no Middlefaire Cast this year, however, we are
      still interested in hearing from individuals who do lane or path
      acts—please contact us via e-mail. Beginner or entry-level
      performers interested in stage acts are also invited to send
      in info via e-mail. Contact us at Middlefaire@..., and we will
      refer your messages to our Entertainment Director.

      =============================

      Q: Is it possible for craft vendors to build their own booths
      onsite?

      A: Yes, via special arrangement with faire management. Builders
      must be local to the Texas area, and willing to utilize natural
      materials in construction. Interested parties, contact faire
      management at middlefaire@....

      =============================
    • Paul Delacroix
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2006
        Greetings,

        Welcome to the Middlefaire Yahoo! Group, a general purpose discussion group for Middlefaire Renaissance and Medieval Festival.

        In addition to topics 'tooting our own horn', we hope to hear your opinions, passions,
        reflections, and likes/dislikes on the topic of faires in general. We are interested in the opinions of renaissance faire professionals, guests, and visitors alike on a variety of renfaire topics. In addition, we will endeavor to answer any questions you may have in this space.

        Welcome to our Group.

        Paul Delacroix
        List Owner

        Yahoo! Mail
      • mysticearthwoman
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007
          Greetings
          Im from Ennis area and found your site surfing around the net. I was
          very glad to have found you all and hope to make many new friends here.
          I had hoped to come out but looks as if I wont get to as I am
          caregiver to my 77 yr old Mama and cant get anyone to take care of her
          while Im gone. But I am happy your Faire is doing so good and I wish
          many blessings upon it and you. I did post about it on a yahoo group
          Im in so hope that might send some people your way. I do plan on going
          to the faire in Waxahachie in the spring, so maybe see ya there.

          blessings
          FernLily
        • deedydavis
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007
            --- In middlefaire@yahoogroups.com, "mysticearthwoman"
            <fernlily58@...> wrote:

            > Greetings
            > Im from Ennis area > FernLily
            Hi welcome to the board....I live in Springtown now but used to live
            in Lovelady, near Crocket...I know where Ennis is :)

            I am new to the board as well :) Deedy

          • mysticearthwoman
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
              Deedy
              thanks for the reply, good to meet someone that knows where Im
              at ..grin.. have a great day.

              blessings
              Fern
            • Rick Crouch
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
                M'Lady wish you could have come this past weekend and shared in the faire; perhaps maybe this coming weekend. I myself missed almost 2 years of faire when I was helping my mom and dad through a difficult time. Family comes first and always cherish the time you have with them. May you always have safe journeys and a smile upon your face.

                                               Always Live Each Day Like It Was Your Last

                                                                        Toasty
                                                                           Of
                                                                Celtic Myst Dreams

                mysticearthwoman <fernlily58@...> wrote:
                Greetings
                Im from Ennis area and found your site surfing around the net. I was
                very glad to have found you all and hope to make many new friends here.
                I had hoped to come out but looks as if I wont get to as I am
                caregiver to my 77 yr old Mama and cant get anyone to take care of her
                while Im gone. But I am happy your Faire is doing so good and I wish
                many blessings upon it and you. I did post about it on a yahoo group
                Im in so hope that might send some people your way. I do plan on going
                to the faire in Waxahachie in the spring, so maybe see ya there.

                blessings
                FernLily

                Image by FlamingText.com
                Image by FlamingText.com Image by FlamingText.com

              • mysticearthwoman
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
                  Sir Toasty
                  how kind you are and yes family must come first. Maybe one day I will
                  get to come if so then that will be a gift but if not my time with my
                  Mama is also a gift. I had the honor of caring for my Daddy also
                  before he crossed and it was a pleasure as I found out things that I
                  never knew about him. And he loved the Celtic music we would waltz
                  (very slowly) but what joy it gave him. We do what we must just as the
                  Ancestors did in the old lands. well goodness I have talked ya ear
                  off. blessings on ya too my kind Sir. And may the Lady and Lord stand
                  between you and all harm. And may your dreams be of pleasent things.

                  blessings
                  Fern