Re: looking for bullynovels for 8th graders

  • ginnywhitefl
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In middle_school_lit@yahoogroups.com, Toby Zabinski <toby_zabinski@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for recommendations for good novels that deal with bullying and would
      be enjoyed by 7th and 8th graders!

      The Revealers by Doug Wilhelm - on this year's FL Sunshine State List and has been widely
      read and enjoyed at my school

      Ginny White
      Fernandina Beach Middle
    • Little Willow
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        Toby asked for "recommendations for good novels that
        deal with bullying and would be enjoyed by 7th and 8th
        graders! Any suggestions?"

        The Girls by Amy Goldman Koss, which I feel is quite a
        bit better than, say, The Clique series
        The Misfits by James Howe
        Overnight by Adele Giffin, to a lesser degree

        For more mature readers:
        What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci
        Shattering Glass by Gail Giles
        Breaking Point by Alex Flinn

        Little Willow
        Bookseller and book reviewer

        http://www.slayground.net/bildungsroman/
        http://www.slayground.net/yourgirl/
        http://www.rocktherock.com/
        http://www.slayground.net/
      • Ann Dowker
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hilary McKay: Indigo's Star

          Jacqueline Wilson: Bad Girls
        • Shari Partington
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
            OH, yes, how could I forget INDIGO STAR? This is a masterful book.

            --
            Shari Partington
            7th & 8th English teacher