Re: [middle_school_lit] Whatcha reading?

  • ljscheer
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
      I'm reading CLIME by Franny Billingsley which has a stunning opening sentence.

      The two ARCS which I read recently which will be amazing once they are published
      are THE EMERALD TABLET (will be a hit with Harry Potter fans) and RUBY RED,
      a fun time travel with magic and humor.

      Linda

      Linda Joy Singleton www.LindaJoySingleton.com
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linda-Joy-Singleton-Author/120766461299610
      DEAD GIRL #1. DEAD GIRL WALKING (Flux/) YALSA Popular Paperback
      #2. DEAD GIRL DANCING       &   #3. DEAD GIRL IN LOVE
      Ghosts Whisper to Psychic Sabine in
      THE SEER series (Flux)
      THE SEER #6 MAGICIAN'S MUSE Just Released! (Flux)
      BURIED - A Goth Girl Mystery coming 2012 (Flux)
      Follow me : www.twitter.com/LindaJoySinglet

    • jennifer
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
        Just finished "Before I Fall" and "If I Stay" after a student begged me to read them. :) Also "Water Wars" That's been my last 2 weeks.

        Right now, I'm reading:
        Lockdown (escape from furnace 1)
        Adios, Nirvana
        and
        Hate List

        Eagerly awaiting:
        Heroes of Olympus, The, Book Two: The Son of Neptune
        I'll Be There
        and
        Where She Went

        --Jenni Lee
        Louisville, KY

        --- In middle_school_lit@yahoogroups.com, BudNotBuddy@... wrote:

        > Whatcha reading right now?
        >
        > After writing about SMALL AS AN ELEPHANT, I've now begun reading the
        > historical fiction verse novel INSIDE OUT AND BACK AGAIN by Thanhha Lai.
        >
        > Richie Partington, MLIS
        > Richie's Picks _http://richiespicks.com_ (http://richiespicks.com/)
        > author, I Second That Emotion: Sharing Children's and Young Adult Poetry
        > BudNotBuddy@...
        > _http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/people/faculty/partingtonr/partingtonr.php_
        > (http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/people/faculty/partingtonr/partingtonr.php)

      • Rachée Fagg
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011

          Reading an ARC of Au Revoir Crazy European chick. It's more YA but I'm enjoying it.
          -r
          -Rachée