Zombie Novels

  • Rachel Seigel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hello all.

      I have a friend with a 13-year-old son who is very into the Zombie thing right now- including the Walking Dead graphic novels. Has anyone compiled a list of recent YA zombie fiction I could suggest for him? The first one that comes to mind is Rot and Ruin, but what else?

      Thanks.

      Rachel

      A classic book has never finished saying what it has to say.
      (Italo Calvino 1923-1985)

      Now Reading: Ship Breaker

      By: Paolo Bacigalupi

      Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1)

    • kimberlee hannan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
        The Forest of Hands and Teeth series is very important around my classroom these days.
        kim

        --
        Kim
        -------

        Those who do not read have no advantage over those who can't. (Mark Twain)

        mrshannan6th@...

      • shariconradson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
          An adult zombie book that has a lot of teen appeal is THE PASSAGE and also the sequel to THE MAZE RUNNER, the SCORCH TRIALS, has a zombie-like situation, but one does need to read THE MAZE RUNNER first.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
            On 3 December 2010 04:08, Rachel Seigel <coppelia_2000@...> wrote:

            Hello all.

            I have a friend with a 13-year-old son who is very into the Zombie thing right
            now- including the Walking Dead graphic novels. Has anyone compiled a list of
            recent YA zombie fiction I could suggest for him? The first one that
            comes to mind is Rot and Ruin, but what else?

            Thanks.

            Rachel

            Here's a link to Charlie Higson's zombie books website:

            Charlie was here for Sydney Writers' Festival last year and he was quite a hit with the kids. His books are gruesome good fun.

            Judith

            --
            Judith Ridge
            Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

            Arts and Cultural Development
            Blacktown City Council
            PO Box 63
            (62 Flushcombe Road)