RE: [middle_school_lit] Summer reading

  • Carter Laural
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 4, 2010

      One book that stands out to me is The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon.  Released in 2009, it is from the perspective of a 14-year old African American boy living in 1968 Chicago .  He finds himself caught between his father’s non-violent civil rights approach and his Black Panther brother.  Fascinating!

      Laurie Carter

      Media Clerk

      Altona Middle School

      (720)494-3980 ext.#5523