BSP - Anyone in Seattle, Portland, Denver, or Chicago?

  • Jordan Sonnenblick
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 4:45 AM
      Hi -

      I am going on my first-ever real book tour in the middle of May, and
      just found out that I will be in these four cities: Seattle; Portland,
      OR; Denver; Chicago.

      I don't have the specific dates for each city yet, except that I know
      my last event is a signing at Anderson's in Naperville, IL on 5/22.

      But if you're in any of those places, I'd love to meet you in person.

      Jordan

      PS - The new book, DODGER AND ME, is about a fifth grader, and is my
      first middle-grade book. So if you know any kids who read MG novels,
      please feel free to tell them I exist, OK?

      :)
    • Rachel Steen
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 6:51 AM
        Jordan: Are you ever asked to, or would you consider coming to Canada on tour (particularly Toronto)? Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie is a huge success in our middle schools, and sells like hotcakes!

        Rachel

      • RoycenCara@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 7:37 AM
          Jordan,

          let us know when you get your schedule.  I'm in the Seattle area.

          Royce Buckingham
          Author of Demonkeeper & Goblins

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 8:59 AM
            I'm in Denver. It would be fun to meet. Let us know when you have your dates. Thanks, Carol

            Carol Edwards
            Children's Services Manager
            Denver Public Library
            10 W Fourteenth Ave. Pkwy.
            Denver, CO 80204
            720 865-1307

            Opinions expressed here are my own and while strongly held and firmly believed, do not belong to
            my employer in any way."

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 9:01 AM
              I'm looking forward to seeing you in Denver - and I'll
              try to get some of our kids to come see you, too.
              Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie is one of our Battle of
              the Books titles this year, and the kids are really
              enjoying it! When will you have dates and locations?

              Mary
              --- Jordan Sonnenblick <jsonnenblick@...> wrote:

              > Hi -
              >
              > I am going on my first-ever real book tour in the
              > middle of May, and
              > just found out that I will be in these four cities:
              > Seattle; Portland,
              > OR; Denver; Chicago.
              >
              > I don't have the specific dates for each city yet,
              > except that I know
              > my last event is a signing at Anderson's in
              > Naperville, IL on 5/22.
              >
              > But if you're in any of those places, I'd love to
              > meet you in person.
              >
              > Jordan
              >
              > PS - The new book, DODGER AND ME, is about a fifth
              > grader, and is my
              > first middle-grade book. So if you know any kids
              > who read MG novels,
              > please feel free to tell them I exist, OK?
              >
              > :)

              Mary Gelb

              "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
              --Albus Dumbledore ( J.K. Rowling)
            • Deborah Hopkinson
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 9:11 AM
                I've just moved to the Portland area and hope your tour will take you to a wonderful children's bookstore called A Children's Place.   www.achildrensplacebookstore.com
                My middle grade novel, INTO THE FIRESTORM, just came out in paperback  and the folks at A Children's Place have been great about having me sign stock.  With Chauni Haslet leaving All for Kids in Seattle, and the possibility that will close, it seems more important than ever to support independent children's bookstores!
                Deborah Hopkinson
                2008:  ABE LINCOLN CROSSES A CREEK (Junior Library Guild selection)
                www.deborahhopkinson.com