Re:Dark is Rising/Seeker

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      I read "The Dark Is Rising" because I had a goal to
      read every Newbery Medal winner. I really liked the
      book and had no problem understanding what was going
      on. I had not, nor have I yet read "Under Sea, Under
      Stone."

      Linda B

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • Ann Walker
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007

        My kids both bogged down in Under Sea, Over Stone.  They quit after a few chapters.  Both, however, read and enjoyed The Dark is Rising.  Personally, I started the series with The Gray King when I went through a Newberry kick many years ago.  I had no idea at the time that it was #5 in a series!  I think each of them do stand alone, but there is some benefit from having read them chronologically.   Benefit , yes…..necessary?  No, I don’t think so.

        Ann