  • homeschoolfatdog
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Tonight is our December homeschool support group meeting.
      I know, its dark.. and its Monday.
      You work long hours, and the last thing you need is another
      thing to do... Well, if I can entice you out with hot tea and
      cookies will you come?

      Well, I will be there.
      And, like many other parents at this time of year...
      I'm tired, feeling overworked and underpaid..
      Suffering from H.S. burnout (yes,already)
      (Hey, I've always been on top of things like this, I had
      senior-i-tess my freshman year)...
      I also have a Christmas list that my sweet, doe eyed children have
      handed me, with a big grin and "I love you mom" attached!
      I have guest coming, children going and hmm.. can I be in Waldoboro
      and 9:45 to drop off one child and Rockland at ten min of ten to pick
      up another?

      Then this weekend my friend sent me home a book, and as I flipped it
      open, (not to the page she intended me to read, mind you... I found
      reference to how Mary Magdalene chose her gift to Jesus. thought
      provoking. (hint: it wasnt an Apple product) .
      I thought we'd spend a few moments on this topic this evening.
      Sipping tea and hopefully having conversation that leads to thought
      provoking peaceful meditation on our way home.

      Hope to see you TONIGHT... 6pm. Rockland First Baptist Church.