Midcoast Community Children's Chorus

  • Kim Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Hello Friends!
      Below is the press release for the Midcoast Community Children's Chorus (MC3!) My son has been a part of the chorus since Fall of 2011 and it has been a wonderful experience. He really looks forward to the new semester starting up. Unfortunately they have had very low enrollment this semester. They feel they need to have a minimum of 20 singers to make a go of it. Rehearsals are Wednesday from 4-5:15 in Camden. Cost is $55, scholarships and payment plans are available. Please feel free to forward this to anyone that may be interested.
      Thanks!
      Kim

      MC3! CHILDREN’S CHORUS SPRING SESSION BEGINS FEBRUARY 27

      All children ages 7-12 are invited to sing with the Midcoast Community Children’s Chorus (MC3!). Registration will take place on February 27 at 3:30 pm followed by the first rehearsal and parents meeting from 4:00 - 5:15 pm at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 33 Chestnut Street in Camden. The spring semester will continue with rehearsals every Wednesday from 4:00 - 5:15 pm culminating in a May recital.
      MC3! is led by Mimi Bornstein, founder and artistic director of Midcoast Community Chorus. “Our children’s chorus is an extension of MCC’s mission: singing as a community for the community,” says MCC Executive Director Shelley Johnson.
      “Providing a place for young people to come together in voice and song is integral to community building on so many levels,” says Bornstein. “Everyone can sing, and everyone deserves to have a place to come together in musical community. Plus we have a really good time singing some fun music!”
      Registration materials are posted online at www.mccsings.org for early registration by mail. New singers may also register starting at 3:30 pm on February 27. Semester registration fees are $50 and annual MCC dues start at $5. Partial and full scholarships are available as well as payment plans. FMI: info@... or 975-0582.

    • Kim Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2013
        Hi,
        I wanted to let everyone know about the upcoming Fall semester of MC3! My son has been singing with the chorus for the past 2 years. It is such a warm,friendly, supportive environment in which to sing. Registration will be open for the first couple weeks of the semester. We meet in Camden on Wednesdays. Please feel free to forward to anyone that may be interested.
        Kim

        MC3! CHILDREN’S CHORUS FALL SESSION BEGINS SEPTEMBER 18
        Introducing Toki Oshima as the new chorus director
                    All children ages 6-12 are invited to sing with the Midcoast Community Children’s Chorus (MC3!). Registration will take place on September 18 at 3:30 pm followed by the first rehearsal and parents meeting from 4:00 - 5:15 pm at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 33 Chestnut Street in Camden. The fall semester will continue with rehearsals every Wednesday from 4:00 - 5:15 pm leading to a December 15th recital and then a performance with MCC (140 voice adult chorus) January 12th at the Strom Auditorium.
                    MC3! was started two years ago by Mimi Bornstein, founder and artistic director of Midcoast Community Chorus (MCC). This year, MCC  is excited to introduce Toki Oshima as the new director of the  children’s chorus. Ms. Oshima, who has a masters degree in Music Education, worked at the Ashwood Waldorf School for 12 years, and also taught a singing and dancing group for 1st-3rdgraders. Most recently, she has been co-teaching a the Morning Glory School in Belfast, a Waldorf Kindergarten school.
                    According to Ms. Bornstein, “Toki comes to this position with a wealth of experience making community music, has studied folk music from all over the world, is a skilled and experienced musician and performer in her own right, and is an experienced educator. Toki’s experience and understanding of the importance of creating community music in a fun, nurturing, supportive environment, her commitment to teaching and learning about music from a diversity of cultures and traditions, and her love of working with children is a perfect match for MCC.  Both Toki and I are so excited that she will be working with MCC’s youngest singers – who are truly the future of choral music!”
        Registration materials are posted online at http://mccsings.org/mc3/ for early registration by mail. New singers may also register starting at 3:30 pm on September 18. Semester registration fees are $75 and annual MCC dues start at $5. Partial and full scholarships are available as well as payment plans. FMI: info@... or 975-0582.
        Please help us spread the word!