Re: Northport gym

  • Marjorie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2013
      Is this happening in February as well? Thursdays rarely seem to work out for us, but this month it looks like it could.
      Thanks,
      Marge

      --- In midcoasthomeschoolers@yahoogroups.com, KIRK FOLK wrote:

      > Thanks for the reminder!!!  See you there!
      > Susan
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Bun
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2013
        Hi Marge, I forgot to cc this list with the gym info for this month. I copied and pasted the info below. I hope you can make it tomorrow (th 7th) and/or the 21st! Laurie :)

        ----------------------
        Wanted to remind everyone that the Point Lookout Open Gym dates for February are this Thursday the 7th and the 21st.

        Time: From 1-4pm

        Cost: 8 dollars per family each visit - If you can't do 8, please come and contribute 5. (Those who contributed more can be reimbursed with any extra or we can use it toward next month's fees. Whatever the group decides.)

        For those who need directions: Point Lookout is in Northport, ME right off of route 1. It is just north of Lincolnville Beach.
        http://http://www.visitpointlookout.com/directions.shtml

        Wonder what we do? About 10 or so families come with children of all ages (babies to teens) and play, run, make up games (octopus, other running type games, it is unstructured unless someone wants to get a game going...most of the time the kids organize it on their own, though sometimes parents might offer to see if others might like to play a specific game), chat, do various activities that parents bring along with them. ie. Last week some of the kids built a tower with Magna Tiles, other times we've played card games like Pitt and whomever wants to play can do so. None of the additional games are planned out, people bring them for fun and to share because they want to.

        The gym provides basketballs, other softer balls, some tunnels and houses to climb through and in and a Large space to run and play. There are bleachers to sit on and bathrooms and water available in the hall outside the gym.

        Hope to see you there!

        Laurie Wolfrum
        fmi call 975-2953