Warren Public Library Programs

  • Becky Meinersmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2 7:26 AM
      Hello!  I'm a homeschooling mom in Warren and I want to let you know about some of the programs going on at Warren Free Public Library.  Hope to see some of you there!

      Becky
      Legos, Book Clubs and Story Times at Warren Free Public Library

      New programs offered free at the Warren Free Public Library include Lego Club for 5-12 year old children and Book Club for 5th and 6th grade students, as well as the next special Story Time event featuring Liza Walsh-local author of Fairy House Handbook.

      The Lego club will have a kick-off event on Tuesday January 15th from 3:15-4:15PM.  Participants bring their own Legos, although some may be available to borrow at the library.  Following this event, the Lego Club will meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 3:15PM and light snacks will be provided.  Local students can opt to ride the bus to the library following school if prior arrangements are made.  All children must be picked up from the library following the program.

      Lorie Hoyt-Nguyen, a local certified teacher and mother, will lead 5th and 6th grade boys and girls in a monthly book discussion.  The initial meeting will be Monday January 14th at 3:15PM at the Warren Library.  Light snacks will be provided.  Bus transportation is available for local students with prior arrangement, but each student must be picked up from the library at 4:15PM.  For more information on the book club or Lego club please contact Lorie at 593-6007.

      On Thursday February 17th at 10AM, Liza Walsh will be leading a special story time at the library.  Liza wrote the book Fairy House Handbook, is a librarian in Rockport, and lives with her family in Camden.  She will read from her beautiful book about how to create fairy houses and lead a project for enhancing your own fairy village!  Story Time is a weekly event on Thursdays at 10:00AM at the Warren Free Public Library, located on Main Street in down town Warren.  It is open to children of all ages.

      For any cancellations or for more information, please check our website: Warrenfreepubliclibrary.org or call: 273-2900.  Warren Free Public Library is open: Mon., Tues., & Thurs. 4-8pm; Wed. 12noon-6PM; Friday 10AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-3PM.

    • Becky Meinersmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2 2:43 PM
        Hello again.  Under the programs happening at Warren Library, I said Liza Walsh would be here in February, but in fact she will be here on January 17th (thursday) at 10AM.  Sorry about that!

        Becky