Friday map trip

  • carolynm
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hello homeschoolers.
      Considering setting up a field trip to check out this display, Probl. a Friday. Anyone interested?

      My name is Renee Keul—I'm the educational outreach coordinator at Osher Map Library at USM in Portland. With the downturn in the economy, many educators are unfortunately having to cut field trips from the curriculum. While home school groups may not experience the same transportation difficulties that public schools are encountering, no one is immune to the financial strain of the times. Unlike many special collection archives, we are committed to K-12 outreach and offer educational tours and lessons at no charge. An exhibit displaying the evolution of printed world maps from the 15th century through the 18th century is currently on display at the Osher Map Library through December 15th. An exhibit on maps of Maine will be displayed throughout the spring semester. Any help in getting the word out to Maine home school groups would be greatly appreciated, whether it takes the form of a newsletter advertisement or announcement at a meeting. Thank you for your time and effort on behalf of Maine students!

      Renee Keul

      Educational Outreach Coordinator

      Osher Map Library

      314 Forest Ave.