Upcoming Homeschool Workshop

  • deckera19
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hello fellow homeschoolers,

      I wanted to invite you to a homeschool workshop that will be held at our church in Wiscasset this month. I am enclosing the details below. Feel free to come to all or any part of the session. The Heart of Home Bookstore will be onsite as well. Please let me know if you can come and I'll be sure to get directions to you!

      Blessings,
      Amy

      Rock of Ages Bible Church will be hosting a day of workshops with Homeschoolers of Maine. This event will take place on Tuesday, August 11th @ 10:00 a.m. Rock of Ages Bible Church is located on Rt. 27 in Wiscasset (not far from the Morris Farm). The Heart of Home Bookstore will be on site for shopping as well. We are extending an invitation to homeschoolers or those considering homeschooling so please be sure to forward this email on to those you are in contact with. Please call or email to register.
      Contacts:
      Amy Decker, 737-8885 or stampinamy@...
      Robin Charbonneau, 832-7032 or Thywill5@...

      The schedule will be as follows:

      10:00-12:00
      Called to the Mission Field

      God is calling so many families to Himself through homeschooling.
      Workers are needed to welcome, support and minister to their needs. In
      one way or another, we are all called to assist. In this workshop, you
      will learn how to this responsibly in whatever capacity you are able!

      HOME has serious concerns about the effects of virtual schools and government-funded programs for homeschoolers. During our presentation we will show "Exposing a Trojan Horse", a powerful new DVD which sheds light on the dangers to homeschoolers and the loss of homeschool freedoms that will result as these programs take hold.

      12:00-1:00
      lunch and shopping break
      There are several local restaurants and convenience stores nearby. You may however prefer to bring a bag lunch to allow more time to fellowship and shop.

      1:00-2:00
      A Race to the Finish

      The high school years are upon you. The finish line is close. Suddenly those early feelings of doubt and confusion that you had when you first began homeschooling return. The miles ahead to the finish are so important. Don't stop homeschooling now! You can plan a strategy that will win the race.

      2:00-2:30
      Final shopping break

      Come and learn how to serve others effectively during this exciting time of growth for homeschooling in Maine! Or come simply for encouragement and shopping! We look forward to meeting you!