2009-2010 Missions Study

  • maine4hs
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15 7:02 AM
      I am in the process of trying to design a missions study that will start in September. I have all of the YWAM books for both the intermediate and high school levels. I would like to do this for 6 hours, one day a week. Depending on how many are interested, we could seperate the younger kids and have them on Friday and have the high schoolers on Monday. If there are not that many interested, we will combine the two groups and set up a "one room schoolhouse" atmosphere. I am hoping to incorportate all subjects into this study. I want to study the economy in the different countries, both past and present (money/math). I want to study the history of the country and maps of each country/continent. As well as study the missionary. I would also like to learn to cook some ethnic foods according to what we are studying. I am not sure at this point about science but we can incorporate some things from each book. One example is to study the weather. The kids would have to be dropped off by 9am and picked up at 3pm. I want our kids to see the importance and impact missions has had and is having on people's lives. Please email me if you are at all interested in this year long study. I would like to have a get together with the kids that are interested and see what they would like to do. Parents would only be required to purchase the books that the kids will be reading. (not the whole set.) They are approximately $6 each and I would guess that we would not use more than 8. The kids will decide which books they would like to study when we get together. Kids may also be asked to bring an ingredient for the meal that we would be making. We would make one meal per book, the rest of the time the kids would be packing a lunch. I hope I didn't give you too much information. :) email me at maine4hs@... and let me know if you are interested.
    • Carrie Clement
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15 9:36 AM
        This sounds like a creative idea...but who are you?
        Carrie Clement

        >I am in the process of trying to design a missions study that will start in
        >September. I have all of the YWAM books for both the intermediate and high
        >school levels. I would like to do this for 6 hours, one day a week.
        >Depending on how many are interested, we could seperate the younger kids
        >and have them on Friday and have the high schoolers on Monday. If there
        >are not that many interested, we will combine the two groups and set up a
        >"one room schoolhouse" atmosphere. I am hoping to incorportate all
        >subjects into this study. I want to study the economy in the different
        >countries, both past and present (money/math). I want to study the history
        >of the country and maps of each country/continent. As well as study the
        >missionary. I would also like to learn to cook some ethnic foods according
        >to what we are studying. I am not sure at this point about science but we
        >can incorporate some things from each book. One example is to study the
        >weather. The kids would have to be dropped off by 9am and picked up at
        >3pm. I want our kids to see the importance and impact missions has had and
        >is having on people's lives. Please email me if you are at all interested
        >in this year long study. I would like to have a get together with the kids
        >that are interested and see what they would like to do. Parents would only
        >be required to purchase the books that the kids will be reading. (not the
        >whole set.) They are approximately $6 each and I would guess that we would
        >not use more than 8. The kids will decide which books they would like to
        >study when we get together. Kids may also be asked to bring an ingredient
        >for the meal that we would be making. We would make one meal per book, the
        >rest of the time the kids would be packing a lunch. I hope I didn't give
        >you too much information. :) email me at maine4hs@... and let me
        >know if you are interested.

      • homeschoolfatdog
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 4:19 AM
          Melissa
          This sounds like a great idea, I know your heart is so vested in missions, its a great fit!
          Were do you think you'd hold this class?
          It would be nice to have a get together and perhaps preview the books prior to a sign up deadline?

          I'll bring cookies :)
          Carolyn