647sweet tree arts center

  • Ann Hedly Rousseau
    Sep 2, 2013
      We love Sweet Tree Arts! Our family enjoys Open Studio and my boys are really excited about Peaceful Warriors with Chuck Nguyen this fall. Here is some information from the director, Lindsay. If you don't already know about Sweet Tree Arts, it is a great resource in mid-coast Maine.
      Ann Rousseau
      --------------------

      Hello Home School families,

      I wanted to share with you some programming that is starting this fall at Sweet Tree Arts in Hope.

      Inspired by the Mill school in Freedom (but not to that full day extent yet) we are working to develop day time programs for home school families. Currently we have 2 fabulous teachers excited about sharing day time classes this fall who I would like to introduce you to.

      Lisa Packard will offer French and Natural History / Permaculture. Lisa Packard has 15 years of teaching experience, a BA in French, and a Master’s degree in Environmental Education. She lived in France for a year, and directed school garden programs at six K-5 schools.

      Malcolm Brooks will be offering a group class in musicianship and composition. He holds degrees from Columbia and Berkeley and composes music for films, churches and performing artists. Malcolm aspires to bring community together through music and offers a unique sensibility of sharing music - providing the opportunity to learn how to play with other musicians right from the start.

      I will also be offering a Drawing class working with students to use right brain thinking and be inspired by our community with visits to various locations in and around Hope.

      I also want to remind you that Hope has some other fabulous resources for home school families. Hope Elephants has developed resources for educators - it is a multi age / multi disciplinary guide integrating the arts and connecting to schools and children globally to begin conversations about conservation. These will be available for download on their website or hard copies with books and other resources this fall.

      Also Hope Clay run by Avery Larned is a wonderful resource for our community located on the bottom floor of the Spinnery.

      Also Sweet Tree Arts is open every Monday 9-5 for open studio  drop in. Different Art supplies and projects will be offered each week. We ask $12 per family and offer a nut free environment with inside and outside classroom space.
      Sweet Tree also offers other alternative learning opportunities for pre school and after school which you can find on our website.

      We will be having an open house on Friday September 13th from 9-12, Sweet Tree will be open for art activities and our teachers will be here  to answer any questions.

      We are happy to offer family discounts, have financial aid opportunities and we will offer a 10% discount on classes if you sign up for 3 or more classes this fall at Sweet Tree Arts.
      Here is the link to the classes starting the last week of September, feel free to e mail with any questions.  www.sweettreearts.org

      Hope to see you at Sweet Tree this fall.

      best
      Lindsay Pinchbeck
      Director Sweet Tree Arts, Hope