Re: Holiday Event InfoAge 12/6(7) - let's formalize this date of our holiday event

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
      > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
      > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
      > A compact mac or 2
      > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
      which work. Maybe one of each.
      > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
      > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
      > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
      > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
      someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
      I will test if I have time.

      > These would be free or for trade.

      ---------------------

      Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
      a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
      to get that working again.

      My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
      but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

      I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
      I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
      though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
      I'll also bring plenty of grub.

      ttyl
      Brian C.
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
        The first model II has been claimed already. I'm working on getting 2 more. If I have one, I'll bring it four you Brian. I'll let you know ahead of time. I have TONS of software for the II, and lots of manuals and blank disks. I just need to set something up for copying.

        Kelly

        > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
        > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
        > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
        > A compact mac or 2
        > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
        which work. Maybe one of each.
        > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
        > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
        > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
        > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
        someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
        I will test if I have time.

        > These would be free or for trade.

        ---------------------

        Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
        a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
        to get that working again.

        My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
        but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

        I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
        I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
        though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
        I'll also bring plenty of grub.

        ttyl
        Brian C.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
          Kelly,

          If you would have a 2nd model II, I would be interested in taking one too.

          thanks
          =Dan