Re: [midatlanticretro] Easy-ish computer history trivia

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2008

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Message

      These questions are not hard.  I got 10 out of 10 correct the first time.  I didn't know the answers to two of the questions but it was easy to get them correct by process of elimination.
      Half of these questions are really trivia and doesn't test actual knowledge. Althouhg some is common knowledge, I personally don't find interest in who was the CEO of a company. Also, there's hardly any hardware questions on there.

      How many people took Bill Deg.'s quiz at VCF East?  If I recall correctly, three or four of us got 8 of 10.  Me, Bill, Herb, who else?
      and me !

      I say put some more hardware questions on there, less fluff - more stuff  :)

      =Dan

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
        Mike,

        I was the fourth 80%. I guessed on the hex question and could not believe I got the other one wrong. Oh well...

        Jim

        On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > How many people took Bill Deg.'s quiz at VCF East?  If I recall correctly,
        > three or four of us got 8 of 10.  Me, Bill, Herb, who else?

            I believe I was the first to take Bill's quiz - I also got 8 out of 10.

        Mike Loewen                mloewen@...
        Old Technology    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
          Jim Scheef wrote:
          > <!-- DIV {margin:0px;} -->
          > Mike,
          >
          > I was the fourth 80%. I guessed on the hex question and could not
          > believe I got the other one wrong. Oh well...
          >
          > Jim

          If anyone is interested in taking the "real" test I just gave my
          students on Thursday, let me know and I will send them a copy. It's a
          32-question multiple choice test similar to the quiz from VCF E, but a
          little harder/more detailed. The test is based on assigned readings,
          and class demos. The first test of the semester is a mix of pure
          people history and technical / how did they do it stuff covering
          1957-1977 IBM 650 through to the TRS 80 Model I/Apple II (but not the
          PET 2001). For more info, see vintagecomputer.net/CISC367/

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
            Definitely send it to me! LOL, I haven't got any better offers tonight.

            > I was the fourth 80%. I guessed on the hex question and could not
            > believe I got the other one wrong. Oh well...
            >
            > Jim

            If anyone is interested in taking the "real" test I just gave my
            students on Thursday, let me know and I will send them a copy. It's a
            32-question multiple choice test similar to the quiz from VCF E, but a
            little harder/more detailed. The test is based on assigned readings,
            and class demos. The first test of the semester is a mix of pure
            people history and technical / how did they do it stuff covering
            1957-1977 IBM 650 through to the TRS 80 Model I/Apple II (but not the
            PET 2001). For more info, see vintagecomputer.net/CISC367/

          • Stan Brewer
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
              I'd like a copy too.

                           Stan