RE: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Event InfoAge 12/6(7) - let's formalize this date of our holiday event

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
      I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
      Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
      Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
      A compact mac or 2
      An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on which work. Maybe one of each.
      TI/994a with a few games and manuals
      TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
      Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
      TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not. I will test if I have time.

      These would be free or for trade.

      What I'm looking for:
      TRS-80 power supply (for the "model I")
      Greenbar paper
      ST-506/ST412 interface drives
      44 meg bernoulli cartridges
      Apple II SCSI card for GS or IIe.

      More to come.
      Kelly

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
        > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
        > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
        > A compact mac or 2
        > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
        which work. Maybe one of each.
        > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
        > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
        > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
        > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
        someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
        I will test if I have time.

        > These would be free or for trade.

        ---------------------

        Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
        a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
        to get that working again.

        My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
        but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

        I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
        I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
        though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
        I'll also bring plenty of grub.

        ttyl
        Brian C.
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
          The first model II has been claimed already. I'm working on getting 2 more. If I have one, I'll bring it four you Brian. I'll let you know ahead of time. I have TONS of software for the II, and lots of manuals and blank disks. I just need to set something up for copying.

          Kelly

          > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
          > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
          > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
          > A compact mac or 2
          > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
          which work. Maybe one of each.
          > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
          > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
          > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
          > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
          someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
          I will test if I have time.

          > These would be free or for trade.

          ---------------------

          Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
          a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
          to get that working again.

          My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
          but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

          I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
          I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
          though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
          I'll also bring plenty of grub.

          ttyl
          Brian C.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
            Kelly,

            If you would have a 2nd model II, I would be interested in taking one too.

            thanks
            =Dan