Holiday Event InfoAge 12/6(7) - let's formalize this date of our holiday event

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      I am planning on coming up to InfoAge some time on 12/6. Is anyone else
      a go for this date? The general plan is that we'd hang out and work on
      InfoAge's museum, trades, and bring-your-own hardware projects. That
      night we'll go out for dinner. Perhaps we can stay over in one of the
      cottages and do some more work in the morning too.

      I can make my office in Wilmington (about 1.5 hours south of infoage),
      or my house (about 2 hours away) open for a hardware hacking day as an
      alternative site.

      Evan, have you heard anything from the InfoAge powers that be to prevent
      us from formalizing our plans?

      Bill
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
        I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
        Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
        Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
        A compact mac or 2
        An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on which work. Maybe one of each.
        TI/994a with a few games and manuals
        TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
        Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
        TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not. I will test if I have time.

        These would be free or for trade.

        What I'm looking for:
        TRS-80 power supply (for the "model I")
        Greenbar paper
        ST-506/ST412 interface drives
        44 meg bernoulli cartridges
        Apple II SCSI card for GS or IIe.

        More to come.
        Kelly

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
          wrote:

          > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
          > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
          > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
          > A compact mac or 2
          > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
          which work. Maybe one of each.
          > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
          > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
          > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
          > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
          someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
          I will test if I have time.

          > These would be free or for trade.

          ---------------------

          Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
          a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
          to get that working again.

          My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
          but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

          I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
          I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
          though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
          I'll also bring plenty of grub.

          ttyl
          Brian C.
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
            The first model II has been claimed already. I'm working on getting 2 more. If I have one, I'll bring it four you Brian. I'll let you know ahead of time. I have TONS of software for the II, and lots of manuals and blank disks. I just need to set something up for copying.

            Kelly

            > I'm in for 12/6. Here are some things I'm bringing:
            > Commodore sx64 (non working but physically complete)
            > Dot matrix and early Laser printers (many)
            > A compact mac or 2
            > An XT class computer. May be a clone, may be a 5160. Depends on
            which work. Maybe one of each.
            > TI/994a with a few games and manuals
            > TRS-80 model 4. Needs power supply work.
            > Tandy 1000hx, ex, sx or tx. Whichever I have duplicates of.
            > TRS-80 model II if anyone wants one. I won't bring it unless
            someone tells me they want it. I don't know if this one works or not.
            I will test if I have time.

            > These would be free or for trade.

            ---------------------

            Bring the Model II -- does it have an 8" disk drive? I remember using
            a TRS-80 Model II to do word processing while in college... I'd love
            to get that working again.

            My guess is that getting software for the damn thing will be a PITA,
            but, I really liked the design of that particular PC.

            I'm going to bring some stuff for trade, but I have no idea yet what
            I'm bringing other than a lot of 1541 drives... I'm pretty sure
            though that I could fill the back of my Jetta Wagon... easily. And
            I'll also bring plenty of grub.

            ttyl
            Brian C.
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
              Kelly,

              If you would have a 2nd model II, I would be interested in taking one too.

              thanks
              =Dan