Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: feeding power to a KIM (CBM REV G)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
      danlb_2000 wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
      >> KIM User Manual and the schematic.
      >>
      >> Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?
      >>
      >> It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
      >> pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
      >> connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.
      >>
      >> Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
      >> for this? Does anyone have a picture?
      >>
      >> Bill
      >>

      > You are correct in how the power supply is hooked up. Looking at the
      > full schematics for the KIM it appears that the K to 1 jumper has to
      > be made at the connector, there doesn't appear to be a jumper on the
      > board. Grounding this pin enables a portion of the address decoding.

      Thank you. I looked for pictures of a KIM with the power leads clearly
      displayed and I could find very little, no "this is a picture of how to
      power a stock KIM" - It's hard to believe that everyone with a KIM was
      powering them this way, I can see the opportunity for after market power
      connectors.

      bd