Re: feeding power to a KIM (CBM REV G)

  • danlb_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008

      > Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
      > KIM User Manual and the schematic.
      >
      > Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?
      >
      > It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
      > pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
      > connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.
      >
      > Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
      > for this? Does anyone have a picture?
      >
      > Bill

      You are correct in how the power supply is hooked up. Looking at the
      full schematics for the KIM it appears that the K to 1 jumper has to
      be made at the connector, there doesn't appear to be a jumper on the
      board. Grounding this pin enables a portion of the address decoding.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
        danlb_2000 wrote:
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
        >> KIM User Manual and the schematic.
        >>
        >> Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?
        >>
        >> It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
        >> pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
        >> connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.
        >>
        >> Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
        >> for this? Does anyone have a picture?
        >>
        >> Bill
        >>

        > You are correct in how the power supply is hooked up. Looking at the
        > full schematics for the KIM it appears that the K to 1 jumper has to
        > be made at the connector, there doesn't appear to be a jumper on the
        > board. Grounding this pin enables a portion of the address decoding.

        Thank you. I looked for pictures of a KIM with the power leads clearly
        displayed and I could find very little, no "this is a picture of how to
        power a stock KIM" - It's hard to believe that everyone with a KIM was
        powering them this way, I can see the opportunity for after market power
        connectors.

        bd