feeding power to a KIM (CBM REV G)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
      KIM User Manual and the schematic.

      Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?

      It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
      pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
      connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.

      Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
      for this? Does anyone have a picture?

      Bill
    • danlb_2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008

        > Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
        > KIM User Manual and the schematic.
        >
        > Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?
        >
        > It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
        > pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
        > connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.
        >
        > Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
        > for this? Does anyone have a picture?
        >
        > Bill

        You are correct in how the power supply is hooked up. Looking at the
        full schematics for the KIM it appears that the K to 1 jumper has to
        be made at the connector, there doesn't appear to be a jumper on the
        board. Grounding this pin enables a portion of the address decoding.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
          danlb_2000 wrote:
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi - Regarding applying power to a KIM..I am looking at page 8 of the
          >> KIM User Manual and the schematic.
          >>
          >> Can someone confirm that I have interpreted the schematic correctly?
          >>
          >> It appears that I should connect the ground lead of the power supply to
          >> pin 1, and connect a +5V wire to pin A. The +12V cassette lead should
          >> connect to the pin labeled N on the Application connector.
          >>
          >> Question - Do I also have to connect pins K to 1 or is there a jumper
          >> for this? Does anyone have a picture?
          >>
          >> Bill
          >>

          > You are correct in how the power supply is hooked up. Looking at the
          > full schematics for the KIM it appears that the K to 1 jumper has to
          > be made at the connector, there doesn't appear to be a jumper on the
          > board. Grounding this pin enables a portion of the address decoding.

          Thank you. I looked for pictures of a KIM with the power leads clearly
          displayed and I could find very little, no "this is a picture of how to
          power a stock KIM" - It's hard to believe that everyone with a KIM was
          powering them this way, I can see the opportunity for after market power
          connectors.

          bd