Copying Oregon Trail for IIgs

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      OK, my ROM3 IIGS with 2 Meg of RAM is up and running with a CFFA (see http://tinyurl.com/3cmqb) and a 128 meg compact flash card as the storage (4 32meg partitions).

      Autoboots into OS 6 in no time.

      I have 2 - 3.5" drives and and original copy of MECCs Oregon Trail for the iigs on a 3.5" disk. It boots and runs fine.

      I'd like to copy the disk for safety, but every time I try to use copy ii or any other copy program I have, it doesn't work. In fact the computer usually locks up. In OS 6 or any of the earlier versions, the disk is not recognized.

      I have seen lots of copies of it on 5.25" for download, but no where have I seen a 3.5" image.

      So, does anyone know how to copy this disk?
      Thanks,
      Kelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        can you copy other disks?

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
          Yes

          can you copy other disks?

          I have 2 - 3.5" drives and and original copy of MECCs Oregon Trail for the iigs on a 3.5" disk. It boots and runs fine.

          I'd like to copy the disk for safety, but every time I try to use copy ii or any other copy program I have, it doesn't work. In fact the computer usually locks up. In OS 6 or any of the earlier versions, the disk is not recognized.

          I have seen lots of copies of it on 5.25" for download, but no where have I seen a 3.5" image.

          So, does anyone know how to copy this disk?
          Thanks,
          Kelly

          .
          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=14379032/grpspId=1705566162/msgId=9953/stime=1222884280/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
            Replying to my own request...
            Found a manual for Copy II for the IIGS. I am now able to make a backup of Oregon Trail.

            Thanks,
            Kelly