vintagecomputer.net name spelling corrections and ASR 33

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
      vintagecomputer.net
      Dan Ragonti and David Gesswein are now correctly spelled throughout my site. Thanks for the heads up.

      Today in my class we're going to use the ASR 33 teletype Bob and Dan helped me fix, interfaced with an SWTPc 6800. Although we have been talking about teletypes for a while, now the students will be able to actually use one.

      OT: Tomorrow my wife and I are going to the hospital tomorrow morning, she'd being induced and we should have a little boy or girl by dinner.

      Busy busy busy.

      Bill
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008

        Bill Degnan wrote:
        vintagecomputer.net
        Dan Ragonti and David Gesswein are now correctly spelled throughout my site.  Thanks for the heads up.

        It's Ragooman and Roganti  :)
        heeyy, dat's a spicee meat-a-ball !
        Today in my class we're going to use the ASR 33 teletype Bob and Dan helped me fix, interfaced with an SWTPc 6800.    Although we have been talking about teletypes for a while, now the students will be able to actually use one.

        I hope the class was fun, must been noisey today too.
        OT: Tomorrow my wife and I are going to the hospital tomorrow morning, she'd being induced and we should have a little boy or girl by dinner.

        get enough cigars !

        =Dan
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
          Dan Roganti wrote:

          Bill Degnan wrote:
          vintagecomputer.net
          Dan Ragonti and David Gesswein are now correctly spelled throughout my site.  Thanks for the heads up.

          It's Ragooman and Roganti  :)
          heeyy, dat's a spicee meat-a-ball !
          I must have dyslexia.  I will try again.  I don't know why I can't get your name spelled correctly!
          bd
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2008
            >>> we should have a little boy or girl by dinner.

            ...And its idea of a vintage computer will be Windows Vista.
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
              And in 30+ years he/she will be saying

              I remember when we only had 4Gig of memory and you actually had to type on a keyboard.

              Now you have the Microsoft rectal user interface which is soooooooo much better.

              Anyway, Congrats.. May your baby be healthy and bring you as much joy.

              From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
              Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] vintagecomputer.net name spelling corrections and ASR 33
              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 8:47 PM

              >>> we should have a little boy or girl by dinner.

              ...And its idea of a vintage computer will be Windows Vista.

            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
                I do not think that will be happening in Bill's house.. His son already
                knows the names of most of the vintage computers Bill owns and also the
                names of quite a few cars. I hear that he even does a raspberry
                whenever a Miata drives by! ;-) <duck>

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                Christian Liendo wrote:
                > And in 30+ years he/she will be saying
                >
                > I remember when we only had 4Gig of memory and you actually had to
                > type on a keyboard.
                >
                > Now you have the Microsoft rectal user interface which is soooooooo
                > much better.
                >
                > Anyway, Congrats.. May your baby be healthy and bring you as much joy.

              • Stan Brewer
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
                  You would think someone in this hobby would at least own a Cargo van.
                  Think of all the wonderful computers you could get in there, and still squeeze a Miata in! : )
                  <ducking & running>

                  Stan