Re: [midatlanticretro] Disks for Toshiba T3100 laptop

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
      Kelly Leavitt wrote:
      > OT or not?
      >
      > 286 AC powered laptop with 10 meg HD. Anyone have the disks or a source for images for the 3.2 boot disk and tools? How about a manual?
      >
      > It works, but it has a lot of real JUNK on the hard drive.
      >
      > Kelly

      I dug out my T3100 laptop. It appears to work, but the power supply
      flakes out soon after boot up. The last time I used it I thought I was
      able to get to Toshiba DOS, but last night, no dice. Anyway...if you
      send me a working power supply I will return to you whatever OS my
      laptop has loaded (hoping it's the original Toshiba version) so you can
      boot and build with the original. If we're definitely getting together
      at InfoAge on 12/6 weekend, then I can bring the laptop then. I had
      been trying to sell the laptop for $20 (what I paid for it)....but I
      would be happy to trade you for it instead, and then you can remove the
      hard drive and install into your system. The display is excellent.
      Just let me know.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
        For those of you looking for a way to interface your PC to a Commodore
        64/128, the MMC 64 and RR-Net are very useful and hard to find.
        Currently these are available on Ebay. Here is my how-to thread on the
        subject:

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
          I'm running low on AUI-to-10BaseT transceivers: does anyone have some
          extras they'd be willing to part with?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Stan Brewer
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
            Mike,
              Give me a day or two and I think I can round up a couple.  My wife's got to go in for a minor medical procedure tomorrow morning, but it might take most of the day.

                                               Stan

            Mike Loewen wrote:

            I'm running low on AUI-to-10BaseT transceivers: does anyone have some
            extras they'd be willing to part with?

            Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
            Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 30, 2008
              I'm sure I have three or four in a box somewhere. If I run into them,
              they're yours.

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
                My power supply modules arrived from Hosfelt Electronics, and they
                work:

                http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/TI99/Black4A-7L.jpg
                http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/TI99/

                If you need to resuscitate a 99/4A, you can't beat the price: $1.75
                each. Model AC9500, on this page:

                http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_19.html

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...