I'll take "Computers in Sci-Fi Movies" for 600

  • Stan Brewer
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 26, 2008
      Speaking of 14" platters, is that one on David's bedroom door in "War Games"?  Or, was it a large phonograph record?

      Also, why does the video display in "Alien" make sounds like a printer?

                                                                                 Stan

      mejeep_ferret wrote:
      14" single platter disks and diskpacks: the IBM 1130 used them all.
      I have a few platters but lost the one with the "rings of Saturn" from
      a long term head crash.

      -- Jeff Jonas

      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 31, 2009
        >>> Looks like we're finally getting our card sorter tomorrow morning. One
        of the Infoage volunteers, Mike Golub, has a truck with a lift gate. We're
        just waiting for final confirmation from the ebay seller that he's home
        tomorrow morning.

        Mission accomplished.

        I forgot to take pictures but I'll probably be back at the museum tomorrow.

        I think it's missing some internal parts, so I doubt it can run again. Also
        the previous owner * painted * it from IBM gray to light brown. Said he
        used it at home as a bar!!! Oy ....