OT but still computer-y

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
      Message
      Anyone have a Palm Hotsync cable I could borrow?

      Please don't send me links to online sales, etc. ... just looking to borrow one for a while.
    • Jeffrey Frady
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
        which style. palm never kept the same "standard" for long. I have the
        usb univeral connector (m125-Zire 71) and the old serial cable used
        with the m100

        --
        See you space cowboy...
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
          >>> which style. palm never kept the same "standard" for long. I have the
          usb univeral connector (m125-Zire 71) and the old serial cable used with the
          m100

          Ummm ... I'm not sure. Big fat one that fits my Treo 700p.
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > usb univeral connector (m125-Zire 71) and the old serial cable used with the
            > m100
            >
            > Ummm ... I'm not sure. Big fat one that fits my Treo 700p.

            None of the Treos are compatible with any of the regular Palm sync cables.

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Brian Cirulnick
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Sridhar Ayengar
              <ploopster@...> wrote:

              > Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > >
              > > Ummm ... I'm not sure. Big fat one that fits my Treo 700p.
              >
              > None of the Treos are compatible with any of the regular Palm sync
              cables.

              --------------------

              I may have what Evan is looking for. I have a Treo 680 (I think it's
              a 680), and I also have the lifedrive, both of which use the same
              connector. Your phone has the type with what looks like 16 gold
              connections between two holes for the cable "prongs", and then a
              single hole for the power connector.

              And yes, you can borrow it. Where should I send the cable?

              ttyl
              Brian C.
            • Jeffrey Frady
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
                That should be the Palm Multi-Connector.  I don't have any of those.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_Connector

              • evan@snarc.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
                  Thanks for the info. Brian C.'s got me covered though.