Re: Flexowriter

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 23, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...>
      wrote:

      > P.S. Oh the pain! Why were the older computers made of the heaviest
      > elements known to mankind?!

      -----------------

      Yeah, I wonder about that too. Why does my Sun 3/160 have a metal case
      that uses thicker steel than a 1955 Buick?

      Were early computers built to military specs to be dropped out of
      airplanes and survive the crash? Or were they built to military specs
      to be dropped out of airplanes and be used as weapons?

      The only thing I can figure (given the fact that modern servers are
      heavy as well), is that computer manufacturers are in collusion with
      data-center floor contractors.

      ttyl
      Brian C.