Kelly -- re: your TRS display

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
      I forget if we discussed this, but I can bring a Model 100.
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "evan947" <evan947@y...>
        wrote:

        > I forget if we discussed this, but I can bring a Model 100.

        Yep. We discussed it. I also have a 102 I can bring along. That would
        make it:

        Model 16B with 50 Meg internal hard drive
        Model 4P with 40Meg external hard drive (and right now, external
        floppies).
        Model 200
        Model 102

        and

        The PC 5155 (the IBM "sewing machine" luggable).

        Anybody interested in a Tandy Model 1000sx (just a fancy XT), or how
        about a Model II (precursor to the 16/6000)? If I have time, I can
        probably get these working too.

        I have a Model 600 portable also, but it has been UPSed to death. Its
        case is in about 500 little pieces, and I don't have time to re-build
        it.

        Kelly
      • evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
          If you're looking to save time (and not confuse attendees), you might consider
          foregoing the IBM, and just making an all-Tandy display.

          I went on eBay this week and bought a Model 100 instruction manual; didn't have
          one.

          Also, I planned to use my TRS-80 Pocket Computer 1 in the handhelds display,
          but instead I'll add that one to your table. (I can bring a Panasonic "Hand
          Held Computer" to represent the same era for my handhelds display.)

          Soon, the TCF guy will send me a floorplan of our space, then we can start
          really organizing an intelligent layout. It's great that we have so many
          different 'theme' tables in progress -- Apple (all the way from my Apple 1
          replica to the // models to the Lisa, Mac, and Newton); this Tandy display
          coming together; a Spacewar display (hopefully showing the same game running on
          a PDP-8, 2600, and a modern emulator); Bill's 'Woodies' display; etc. (if the
          PDP-8 approach doesn't work out, then I'll place my 2600 with the other Atari
          computers.)

          --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "evan947" <evan947@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I forget if we discussed this, but I can bring a Model 100.
          >
          > Yep. We discussed it. I also have a 102 I can bring along. That would
          > make it:
          >
          > Model 16B with 50 Meg internal hard drive
          > Model 4P with 40Meg external hard drive (and right now, external
          > floppies).
          > Model 200
          > Model 102
          >
          > and
          >
          > The PC 5155 (the IBM "sewing machine" luggable).
          >
          > Anybody interested in a Tandy Model 1000sx (just a fancy XT), or how
          > about a Model II (precursor to the 16/6000)? If I have time, I can
          > probably get these working too.
          >
          > I have a Model 600 portable also, but it has been UPSed to death. Its
          > case is in about 500 little pieces, and I don't have time to re-build
          > it.
          >
          > Kelly

          =====
          Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

          *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
          - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
          - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
          - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
            > If you're looking to save time (and not confuse attendees), you
            > might consider foregoing the IBM, and just making an all-Tandy
            > display.

            I was hoping to use the IBM as a terminal to the Tandy. I can't run
            Scripsit on it, but I can do just about everything else. However,
            since I may only be coming for the first day (I'm still working out
            the timing) then I will probably leave it (the convertable) behind
            and use the Model 4 or the 200 as the terminal.

            I can't wait to meet the others. I have a bunch of stuff to swap, and
            hope to make some contacts there for passing on my "spares" at a
            later date. I'm not bringing a buch of swapping stuff due to the
            concearns of the TCF hosts. I don't want anyone thinking I'm there
            doing business. I know how touchy people can get at events like this.

            As and update, for those who know the old Tandy Xenix machines, this
            is what I have running:

            Xenix 3.2
            Xenix Development System 3.1.1
            filePro Plus 1.0 - database
            Scripsit - word processor
            Multiplan - spread sheet (yes, it's Microsoft)
            Games from the install disk - adventure and others
            MBasic - Microsofts multiuser basic for Xenix

            I almost have the Unify database running. I don't have the install
            media for this so I'm trying to patch it together from old backups.
            It's a gas trying to tar off from 8" disks. I'm suprised most of them
            still work.

            For the model 4 I was thinking of Dancing Demon, Scripsit, some
            terminal program, and one of the Scott Adams adventures. Any other
            suggestions for the Model 4?

            I don't have any software running on the 200 or the 102. Any
            suggestions? Maybe use this as a rudimetary terminal to the Xenix
            machine?

            What about the 1000sx? Any interest in that, or should I just leave
            it behing.

            One more thing....
            Someone mentioned "lucite" information holders for a page about the
            display. Where can I get a couple for my display? I'd like one per
            machine if possible. What size are they?

            Kelly
          • evan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
              I think you can get those info holders at any office store, like Staples or
              whatever.

              =====

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
                Ah, this is what I'm thinking of:
                http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=542

                Any decent office supply store has them.

                =====